Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 inches, the size of individual pot pies. They hold 1/3 cup of filling.

I'm working on my oyster pie recipe in my head.

Chocolate Pies

The chocolate pies could have chilled a little longer before I cut into them.
All in all everything's still good. I can't go back and edit one of my posts.
That's ok to make it easier I'll just add what we had for dinner.Beef pot pies, to this one.
It's a long trek back through many pages to find it. This thread's getting insane.:LOL:

Chocolate pies

1 Package of Jello-O. Cook and serve pudding mix.
Follow the cooking directions on the box.
Remove from the stove just as it begins to thicken. Keep it covered. Set aside.

Make a batch of the base crust. You will need to double the recipe and use the same recipe for the top.

Pie Crust Recipe Base:
For the bottom base:
2 Cups AP flour
3/4 Cup Lard
1 Teaspoon of salt
5 to 6 Tablespoons of ice water.

Make the glaze ( Mine needs help )
But here you go anyways.

1 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
Mix it until smooth. Set aside

Preheat the pie maker

Add the bottom crust to each section. Press it in.
Add 1/3 C of the Chocolate pudding
Place the top crust on.

Bake 15-20 minutes. Remove them to a wired rack
Brush on the glaze while the pies are luke warm.

img_1006037_0_da1c58c684b85155fa82ab92d477f8a0.jpg

Beef Pot Pie.
Needed a little more gravy.
img_1006037_1_e6e96376a3ae7b2bc47d342659f3421b.jpg

Munky, the chocolate pies look yummy! I've attempted to keep up with this thread and don't think I've seen mention of this: would sugar cookie dough work for crusts? anyone tried?

Oyster Pot Pies

I haven't made these, yet. Need some feedback.

Puff pastry for bottoms and tops.

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
Sea salt and pepper to taste or 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
8 oysters (jarred, drained, save liquor)

Saute veggies in butter until carrots are soft, stir in flour and cook two minutes. Stir in oyster liquor and enough water to make a gravy. Add oysters to gravy and heat through.

Prepare bottom crusts, place in pie maker. Lay two oysters in each pie, top with a little gravy and veggies. Place tops on, seal and cook.

How does this sound? Any additions or omissions?

Munky, the chocolate pies look yummy! I've attempted to keep up with this thread and don't think I've seen mention of this: would sugar cookie dough work for crusts? anyone tried?

Well I shouldn't be surprised to see that this morning those chocolate pies are gone. BTW the recipe makes 11 of them. I hope somebody and they know who THEY are gets a belly ache. Yeah once again I missed out!:pig:

Apparently you can use cookie doughs. What luck! :chef:
Here's a few links. Look what Pillsbury made? Almost identical to our pies.. So it can't be all bad.

Nasoya Strawberry Cream Pie With Sugar Cookie Crust Recipe - Food.com - 394872

Strawberry Sugar Cookie-Stuffed Pies from Pillsbury.com

Have fun.

Munky.

I haven't made these, yet. Need some feedback.

Puff pastry for bottoms and tops.

1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
Sea salt and pepper to taste or 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
8 oysters (jarred, drained, save liquor)

Saute veggies in butter until carrots are soft, stir in flour and cook two minutes. Stir in oyster liquor and enough water to make a gravy. Add oysters to gravy and heat through.

Prepare bottom crusts, place in pie maker. Lay two oysters in each pie, top with a little gravy and veggies. Place tops on, seal and cook.

How does this sound? Any additions or omissions?

Sounds great to me.. I'm on my way..

Here's a few more recipes, thought you might like. Just with a slight variation to yours.

Oyster Stew Recipe - Saveur.com

http://cookingnorthofseattle.com/OysterPotPie.html

Munky.

Hi Callie, looks good huh sugar cookie dough does sound good. Im in the hospital with pneumonia and they thought I'd had another stroke but I fooled them no new stroke and I'm getting better. wanted you to know
Talk to ya soon.
cj

Thank you, Munk, for the links. I think a roll of sugar cookie dough (and oatmeal? possibly chocolate chip?), sliced and flattened will make tasty crusts for sweets!

Hi Callie, looks good huh sugar cookie dough does sound good. Im in the hospital with pneumonia and they thought I'd had another stroke but I fooled them no new stroke and I'm getting better. wanted you to know
Talk to ya soon.
cj

:flowers: I just pm'd you ((hugs))

Need some help Munky. I h ave left over prime rib some tiny potatoes have onion to chop some minced garlic I understand I need to run the pie maker whrough two cycles to get it ready. now do I cook all the filling and let them cool before adding to the dough? Can I add some thickened gravy to the filling too?
kades

Need some help Munky. I h ave left over prime rib some tiny potatoes have onion to chop some minced garlic I understand I need to run the pie maker whrough two cycles to get it ready. now do I cook all the filling and let them cool before adding to the dough? Can I add some thickened gravy to the filling too?
kades

I've been wondering how the pie maker has been working out for everyone.?. Yep curious minds NEEED to know. :)

Kade's,
Are your potatoes pre cooked? Steaming is quick. Uniformed cuts. Onions and Garlic can be steamed with them.
You can add everything to the gravy. Fold it all in with a rubber spatula.
I don't worry about the cycle times. When I start the dough and give the dough a few minutes rest time. That's when I plug it in to get ready.
By the time the dough is rolled and cut. The filling has already come to room temp.
It's ready to go. So yes you can add the filling when your ready. It just can't be used as refrigerated cold. That will cook the pies unevenly.

Check this out.. I hope someone here can tweak my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie... It's so close to the real thing..
Were lucky that we have the knowledge to do things ourselves.. It's sad that so many have lost their income. Not much of a comfort to them.
Marie Callender's Closes, Customers and Employees Stunned - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Munky.

Kades's

Now that I think of it. Somewhere in this thread. I put up a recipe for left over Prime rib. The pudding is absolutely outstanding!

This thread is getting huge. I saw that once here.. The Canning section, went to a sub form to Dehydrating... Can this Pie Maker get it's own sub form?
It's gaining popularity.. DC is the only place that I know of that actually has some useful information... Hits count for anything around here?

Munky.

I've been wondering how the pie maker has been working out for everyone.?. Yep curious minds NEEED to know. :)

Kade's,
Are your potatoes pre cooked? Steaming is quick. Uniformed cuts. Onions and Garlic can be steamed with them.
You can add everything to the gravy. Fold it all in with a rubber spatula.
I don't worry about the cycle times. When I start the dough and give the dough a few minutes rest time. That's when I plug it in to get ready.
By the time the dough is rolled and cut. The filling has already come to room temp.
It's ready to go. So yes you can add the filling when your ready. It just can't be used as refrigerated cold. That will cook the pies unevenly.

Check this out.. I hope someone here can tweak my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie... It's so close to the real thing..
Were lucky that we have the knowledge to do things ourselves.. It's sad that so many have lost their income. Not much of a comfort to them.
Marie Callender's Closes, Customers and Employees Stunned - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Munky.
i'll steam them tomorrow along with the onions and garlic after i get home from diyalisisThanks for the help I hope these taste good the prime rib as heaven
kades

Deep Dish Pizza's

1 Lb. Frozen or fresh bread dough
Meat sauce
Mozzarella cheese

These were made using left over spaghetti sauce.

1Lb. Ground beef. Cooked and drained.
3 Whole cloves of garlic - minced
1 Tablespoon of oregano
3 Teaspoons of basil
Kosher salt to taste.
Fresh ground black pepper
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 6oz can of tomato paste

Cook the ground beef and garlic together. Drain off the fat.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes. Adjust the seasonings if you need to.

Preheat the Breville Pie Maker.

Roll out the dough to a 1/4".
Using the top crust cutter. Cut and twist the shells.

Add the crusts to the pie maker. Fill with the meat sauce. Pizza sauce if you prefer.
Top it with your choice of cheese and toppings.

Cook for 15 minutes
Makes 11 Deep dish pizzas.

img_1017982_0_e2dad560200d12fc3c475b6f6885a60c.jpg

OMG, those look fantastic. Copied and pasted. Between you and Kades my menu is full for the weekend.

Bierocks Breville Style

Bierocks

1 Lb fresh or frozen bread dough
1/2 a head of shredded cabbage
1/2 onion shredded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cups cooked crumbled Hamburger-drained
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 Teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Melted butter

Cook the hamburger and set it aside to drain.
In a large saucepan add the vegetable oil, cabbage and onions.
Saute with the lid on until it's well steamed, cooked down.

Add the cooked hamburger, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.

Preheat the Breville.
Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch.
Using the pastry cutter large side. Cut out the circles.
Fill the dough with a 1/3 cup of the filling.
Add 2 good pinches of mozzarella cheese. Pull the edges all around the filling. Pinch to close.
Add them to the Breville. Brush the tops with the melted butter.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12.

img_1059014_0_06a3c8b2f396e76958b5774cfdb77c47.jpg

Bierocks

1 Lb fresh or frozen bread dough
1/2 a head of shredded cabbage
1/2 onion shredded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cups cooked crumbled Hamburger-drained
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 Teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Melted butter

Cook the hamburger and set it aside to drain.
In a large saucepan add the vegetable oil, cabbage and onions.
Saute with the lid on until it's well steamed, cooked down.

Add the cooked hamburger, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.

Preheat the Breville.
Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch.
Using the pastry cutter large side. Cut out the circles.
Fill the dough with a 1/3 cup of the filling.
Add 2 good pinches of mozzarella cheese. Pull the edges all around the filling. Pinch to close.
Add them to the Breville. Brush the tops with the melted butter.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12.
Thanks Monk, youngest daughter and the kids will be here on Sat. to help irrigate so this will be dinner should make them all happy.
cj

Back
Top Bottom