What's for Dinner Saturday Nov 27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
What is everyone planning for tonight's dinner? More turkey? Venturing out to a resturant with the holiday-weekend shoppers? Something new?

I'm making D'azones tonight? What's a D'azone? It is my version of a Calzone! :chef: The name is a rip on Pizza Hut's P'azones.

I'll be making one filled with cheese, one with meat and cheese, and one with veggies and cheese.

Turkey enchiladas. (I use the "scraps") Always tasty and a change from the t-giving table while still using what's in the house.

Have know ideas - I am in full cake decorating mode and when I am, food is the last thing on my mind. So, I am hoping DH decides to cook or get take-out!

Open Faced Hot Turkey Sandwich w/Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans.
I have the carcass simmering now. It smells like Thanksgiving in here again!!:chef:

gonna roast a game hen. will have with left over stuffing. brussel sprouts i think. ice cream for dessert.

Babe, I saw Elton Brown cook a game hen on a Panini Press the other day.
He cut the backbone out, flattened it out on the grill and weighed the lid down with bricks. It was sooooooo cool, and done in 18 minutes.

I think I'm doing some chicken thighs on top of the leftover dressing. I sent the turkey home with son who brought it.

Creamy Turkey Confetti Soup (cooked turkey, long grain & wild rice, green onions, pimiento stuffed green olives, bacon, ½ & ½, bacon drippings, flour, chicken cooking stock, homemade turkey stock & homemade turkey gravy).

img_942362_0_e5245d74808a540ce97d70947f2acaf8.jpg

No idea...I suspect I'm going to try to clean out the fridge to day. I have a huge casserole filled with mac 'n cheese with cheeses melted on top that we can't chew, trying to think of a way to salvage that.

Creamy Turkey Confetti Soup (cooked turkey, long grain & wild rice, green onions, pimiento stuffed green olives, bacon, ½ & ½, bacon drippings, flour, chicken cooking stock, homemade turkey stock & homemade turkey gravy).

That looks fantastic...writing it down...!

When do you want me to publish your cookbook? I almost have enough of your recipes and ideas to do so!:LOL:

img_942381_0_e5245d74808a540ce97d70947f2acaf8.jpg
Looks good. How did you thicken? Did you start with a rouxe? Bacon grease and flour? Do you cook the rice right in the soup or add the cooked rice to the soup.

Fusilli with tomato sauce and meatballs. The hubster made supper. He made the tomato sauce a few days ago and the meatballs a week ago. I am lucky to have a husband who can cook.

When do you want me to publish your cookbook? I almost have enough of your recipes and ideas to do so!:LOL:
:ohmy: Really? WOW Can we do in time for me to get XMAS gift money? LOL

Looks good. How did you thicken? Did you start with a rouxe? Bacon grease and flour? Do you cook the rice right in the soup or add the cooked rice to the soup.
Thank you RL!! I used the bacon grease and flour to make a roux then added the turkey gravy & 1/2 & 1/2. Then added it to the soup with a bit more 1/2 & 1/2 till it looked right.

I brought the chicken cooking stock and homemade turkey stock to a boil then added the rice, lowered to a simmer and cooked for 20 minutes. Then I added the other ingredients and simmered till rice was tender.

Back
Top Bottom