Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Member Spotlight (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f151/)
-   -   Getting to Know Zhizara (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f151/getting-to-know-zhizara-68582.html)

PrincessFiona60 11-27-2010 03:39 PM

Getting to Know Zhizara

1. What was your job before you retired?

2. Where were you born?

3. Who is your hero?

Rocklobster 11-27-2010 03:45 PM

If we were all coming to your house for dinner, what would you cook for us?

Barbara L 11-27-2010 05:25 PM

1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?

:smile:Barbara

GB 11-27-2010 06:38 PM

Pick an era in the 19th or 20th centuries to go back in time to for a month. When did you pick and why?

Zhizara 11-27-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 942327)
1. What was your job before you retired?

2. Where were you born?

3. Who is your hero?

1. Secretary/Bookkeeper, Production Planner, Accounting Manager. Also took 6 years off to commercial fish!

2. I was born in Washington D.C., but we didn't live there. We moved around a lot, Arizona, South Carolina, Alabama, then Florida. After I married we lived in Hawaii, Connecticut, Florida, back to Connecticut, back to Florida, and now Louisiana. Also lived for short periods in many other places. Sorry you asked now? I could go on.:rofl:

3. My hero is my Mom. I lost her 11 years ago, and I really miss her.

Zhizara 11-27-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara L (Post 942366)
1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?

:smile:Barbara

1. Miss Williams in 4th grade. It was one of those years where you have one teacher for the whole year. She really cared about us all. There was also my first Algebra teacher in high school. I don't remember her name, but she made Algebra easy, and she gave us time to complete our assignments in class and was there to help us if needed. I gained knowledge that has served me well even today.

2. I'd travel to see the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, and Yellowstone park. I'd take the train and see all that I could see in a year.

3. Like Andy said, with a smile.

4. I'd love to teach 10 people to make a meal.

Zhizara 11-27-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB (Post 942377)
Pick an era in the 19th or 20th centuries to go back in time to for a month. When did you pick and why?

GB, I'm going to have to think on that one awhile. I'll get back to you when I come up with a definite answer.

GB 11-27-2010 08:04 PM

OK while you think about this one here is another. You have lived in a lot of different places. Which was your favorite and which was your least favorite?

Zhizara 11-27-2010 08:16 PM

Hawaii was probably my favorite. What a beautiful place. The Pali, the Navy Dolphin Training place, lava blowholes. Every month or so my new husband (in the Navy) would drive around the island of Oahu. I spent my 21st birthday at Pearl City Tavern having pizza and beer.

My least favorite place was Florida. I lived in Florida probably the most, but in several time periods. My Mom was from Maine, and we moved to Florida when I was 12. Mom loved Florida and never left except for vacations, so I was always returning to Mom.

I never liked Florida. Too commercialized. Mom's place was on one of the barrier islands of St. Petersburg. It had been a lovely two lane highway island with white sandy beaches and bungalows. Now you can barely glimpse the beach and the Gulf from the 4 lane highway with all the condos crammed on top of each other. Very ugly.

Kayelle 11-27-2010 09:30 PM

What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
("danger" is subject to your take on the word)

What's the meaning of your screen name?

Do you think that you are generally an optimist or a pessimist?

Do you have siblings, and/or children?