Smallest kitchen contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Okay LPB brought it up, and PF has mentioned it:

Who does have the smallest kitchen?

My kitchen is 7' X 8' and that is wall to wall. Actual floor space is 7' X 4' wide. As a one person kitchen, it's very workable. The refrigerator side has a 4' counter, the back half of which is taken up by microwave, toaster oven and blender. This leaves about a 4' X 1' working space.

The stove/sink side has about 3' available as a work space, the back half taken up by cutting boards, dish soap holding cutting boards upright, and a bamboo container holding cooking utensils.

How small is your kitchen?

Got any pictures?

I will report back later with my entry. I am off to DH's work Christmas luncheon.

Got any pictures?

I will report back later with my entry. I am off to DH's work Christmas luncheon.

No pictures. I don't even own a camera. Maybe sometime this coming year I'll get a digital so I can use the pictures online and never have to have them developed.

My house kitchen is ok 10x16 but my RV kitchen is tiny.
6' length total including sink and stove/oven.4' on the other side for fridge and pantry.
The oven has 1 shelf at about 8'' ht.It does have an extra outside 3 burner cooktop and dry sink.

I have cooked many gourmet dinners and even a Turkey/Thanksgiving meal in it.You just have to be a little creative.

I did a Lobster gourmet dinner in our pop up tent trailer when we had it.Went to Pikes market in Seattle and got some lobsters,fresh lemon pasta and tons of veggies for our feast.

Floor space is 4x8. I have 12 inches of counter on each side of the sink and each side of the stove. I built a cover for the stove so I could use my KA mixer in the kitchen. I have a folding 6 foot table I use in what would be the dining room if I didn't need the space for food and appliance storage.

I got pictures taken, but will have to wait until this weekend to upload and post.

Too bad I dont have a picture of my first basement apartment. The kitchen was 4ft X 7ft. It had a single sink, a bachelor sized stove and fridge ( meaning my 5ft 2in frame was taller than the fridge) and one 3 foot long open shelf. I had enough counter space for the small George foreman grill ( the kind that holds one chicken breast) a cutting board, and a dish strainer, and not all at once. If i wanted to use the cutting board the strainer went on the floor. We didn't own a microwave, which was fine cause there was no room for it.
Oh and the icemaker in the freezer was the kind that freezes a single long sheet of ice that you attack with a knife. Those were good times :)

You have my sympathy, Princess. At least my counter space isn't broken up. The 5' tall refrigerator is to the left of the 4' counter, and the stove on the opposite wall (full size) is on the right, with the sink (full size) on the left of a 30" counter. It is compact, but very workable for one person.

RoadFix, you probably had the worst. I've seen some of those tiny Japanese kitchens on HGTV.

4me, RVing reminds me of the tiny galley I had on the 26' sloop we owned for a while, which had a one burner gimballed stove, but at least there, the dining table gave me a little work space. You do what you have to.

Last edited:
My kitchen space is too small for an Indian kitchen, only 7'x8' and floor space is 4'x6'. I had to place my fridge on the passage beside the kitchen.

I use shelving too. My microwave is on some Ikea Ivar shelving. We also have the same Britta filter. It seems like I'm continuously filling it up. How did I get by when all I had was one of the pitchers?

The Brita filter started out being for the Coffeemaker, then I added the cats fountain and now I use it all the time, for everything. I'm always filling it. The cats fountain is under the table...:glare:

It looks more crowded today, we hit Costco yesterday.

Last edited:
The Brita filter started out being for the Coffeemaker, then I added the cats fountain and now I use it all the time, for everything. I'm always filling it. The cats fountain is under the table...:glare:

It looks more crowded today, we hit Costco yesterday.

Our cat fountain is in the living room. It was really funny when we brought it home. Both cats (one no longer with us) were very sceptical and wary of that device. Boo! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Our cat fountain is in the living room. It was really funny when we brought it home. Both cats (one no longer with us) were very sceptical and wary of that device. Boo! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had the same problem with mine. Now they are drowning spiders in it, I saw Smudge pick up a daddy longlegs and drop it in the fountain.

What I want to know is where Alix hides everything in her spotless kitchen...:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom