Food, as Christmas decorations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
Do you make Christmas decorators from food?

This year, I dried out orange and lemon peel, to hang on the Christmas tree. We also made a gingerbread house, which is a traditional German Christmas decoration, because we are living in Germany. And, we have a bunch of chocolate Santas and chocolate Christmas baubles for the Christmas tree.

I got a fibre optic Xmas tree, so I don't need any decorations. Very handy when one has a cat who wants to play with all the dangly bits.

For not on the tree, I make Danish hearts and sometimes fill them with food goodies.

Last edited:
Not anymore. I used to string popcorn for the tree and make salt-dough ornaments back when I was teaching college. I would have my students over for a tree decorating party and dinner.

We did make gingerbread houses last year, does that count?

Not anymore. I used to string popcorn for the tree and make salt-dough ornaments back when I was teaching college. I would have my students over for a tree decorating party and dinner.

We did make gingerbread houses last year, does that count?

Big time!

I got a fibre optic Xmas tree, so I don't need any decorations. Very handy when one has a cat who wants to play with all the dangly bits.

For not on the tree, I make Danish hearts and sometimes fill them with food goodies.

why do you not need decorations on a fiber optic tree? i don't think i know what they are. i ordered several sets of 12 each unbreakable christmas ornaments. charlie wants to play with everything. i have a decoration i use on the table. it has ornaments on those stick things. he had one off and rolling across the floor this morning. :LOL:

why do you not need decorations on a fiber optic tree? i don't think i know what they are. i ordered several sets of 12 each unbreakable christmas ornaments. charlie wants to play with everything. i have a decoration i use on the table. it has ornaments on those stick things. he had one off and rolling across the floor this morning. :LOL:

21 second YouTube video of fibre optic tree

How does one embed a video without borking the whole page?

Last edited:
I bought a gingerbread village I will play with this weekend. First I have to find a flat spot...

Shrek got out his Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, it looks like this:

28716-albums268-picture2425.jpg

I've made table centerpieces using fresh pineapple, lemons, pine branches and magnolia leaves per a Williamsburg theme. They're very pretty. I've also done similar things to create a mantle decoration.

One year I filled clear glass cylinder candle holders with fresh cranberries and handfuls of gold beads, then stuck gold metallic taper candles into them. Placed them, in single file, on long mirrors on the dining table and interspersed them with small bits of pine. Very nice, too.

Not sure what I'm going to do this year as this is a new house for me, but Glenn has told me to do anything I want. Gotta love this man!:)

I bought a gingerbread village I will play with this weekend. First I have to find a flat spot...

Shrek got out his Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, it looks like this:

28716-albums268-picture2425.jpg

I just got one of those Sunday. I'll put up my Charlie Brown figures around it this year and give Santa Clause is Coming to Town a year off.

I just got one of those Sunday. I'll put up my Charlie Brown figures around it this year and give Santa Clause is Coming to Town a year off.

Latte' thinks she can climb it...:LOL: I've had to chase her away from it several times. I used to put up a bigger tree, but I got tired of resurrecting it every day.:) Cats like trees!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom