Turkey timing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colinlbc

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone... I've put together a little turkey calculator and wonder if any of you can verify my calculations.

I'm basing it on 20ms/lb with the last 45mns uncovered and an extra 30mns for stuffing, all at 350f.

You can see it here: The turkey roast-time calculator on the internet!. All comments are appreciated!

Cheers!
Colin.

ms/lb. What! ms = milliseconds. My turkeys are judge at about 12 minutes per pound at 425'F before I start checking my meat thermometer. And a there are a thousand milliseconds in each second, that would be about 72,000ms/lb. It is much more accurate to use a meat thermometer rather than time to gauge when a turkey, or any kind of meat, is done. The final temperature of the meat and stuffing have to come up to 165'F to 175'F. to be safe, and remain very juicy and tender.

Check your math. I think you made an error somewhere in your calculations.

Oh, come to think of it, it might be your abbreviation that's causing the confusion. Did you intend "ms" to meat minutes? If so, you're probably still overcooking your bird a little.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
20 minutes a pound is way too long.

Your timing depends on the size of the turkey and how hot your oven is. You cannot go on time alone. You need to use a meat thermometer

I'm with Goodweed. I calculate 12 min per pound and check with my thermometer to ensure that both white and dark meat have come to proper temperature.

Back
Top Bottom