What kind of chili am I making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWanderer

Assistant Cook
I've been making this awesome chili for several years and thought it may be fun to enter a chili cookoff. I started looking at the 'types' of chili, and now I have no idea what I'm making. The main ingredients are Beef, and Hatch Green Chili's. There are no red chilis at all, so I'm not sure if I could call this traditional Red Chili. So is it Chili Verde (Green Chili) ... that's usually made with pork, includes tomatillo, etc., and the color is really green. Mine is really niether red or green, looks more like a bowl of beef, you can barely detect the Green Chilis untill you taste it. Maybe I created something that's offensive to purists of either :( But it's so good !!! Please help, and Thank You. ~SouthWestNoob :wacko:

Welcome to DC!! Not sure how it would be classified, but there are one or two here who compete in Chili contests!

Hey, I'm a seldom the same twice kind of cook, and I'd just call it Wanderer's Chili! Does the contest have categories? If it does, send us the categories they have and we'll help. My New Mexican cousin makes her green chili with beef (I use her recipe, but use pork instead).

Hey, I'm a seldom the same twice kind of cook, and I'd just call it Wanderer's Chili! Does the contest have categories? If it does, send us the categories they have and we'll help. My New Mexican cousin makes her green chili with beef (I use her recipe, but use pork instead).

I'm the same about not the same way twice, but lately I've been working on my chili. I was having my chili coming out the same way every time, but wanted to give it more oomph, so I looked up tons of recipes to find "secret ingredients". I found one recipe which added a spoon of brown sugar, some ground cloves and marjoram. It worked beautifully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom