TNT Chocolate Melting Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
does anyone have a TNT chocolate melting cake recipe? aka chocolate lava cakes..... the small, individual kind - i have 7 oz ramekins....also, not a chocolate souffle where you open the top and pour in chocolate sauce

making a special dinner in a few weeks, and i'd like to be able to quickly whip these up after dinner...though, be sure to let me know if i can make the batter beforehand and refrigerate until ready

thanks!

thanks....ive since found a few other recipes, and they are all very similar....seems that the major differences are the amounts of flour and eggs (as well as whole eggs vs yolks).....ive had molten cakes where there is more of an almost crisp, cakey crust, with an oozing center, and some where the outside is more like under-cooked brownies, with an oozing center.....i think i want the kind with a more distinct outer, crisp crust, but still lots of oozing in the middle, which leads me to think that the recipes with more flour, and less eggs (or at least less whole eggs) would give me the result im looking for? ive seen the amount of flour required range from 2 tbps up to 1/3 cup....i also think that cooking at a higher temp will help this

in the end, im sure they are all delicious, so if one isnt perfect, its just a reason to try a different recipe and eat more

Back
Top Bottom