Rock and Roll at D.C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
dell's ad is making the site roll and roll, once again. i give up for the rest of day. it is making me mad and disgusted. surely there is something that can be done without me having to change my puter. see you all later,.:glare::glare:

babe, this may sound silly but I keep the sound on my laptop turned down very low (it is set at 4 right now) unless I am specifically listening to music or news. I find all the constant sounds just plain distracting.

Maybe that would work for you?

Pretty sure Babe is talking about the web site itself moving around when her cursor runs over the Dell ad and not sound.

The only thing you can do to address that, Babe, is to make sure you immediately click somewhere other than the ad on each page you visit or refresh. It's not a perfect fix but at least it's a work-around.

And there is a reason that there are other browsers available out there. IE is notorious for having serious issues and security bugs. Nothing is ever going to work the same way, or in a good way, forever. =) Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and make a change. You could download an alternative browser and just use it when IE doesn't play nicely.

If you need help downloading or installing an alternative to IE just lemme know. I'll gladly help.

Back
Top Bottom