Saturday's Table - What's on yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
DS is home from college. Tonight I'm making bacon cheeseburgers. I'll let him choose the sides when he wakes up today.:)

I live in mushroom country. We now cultivate the king eryngii or king trumpet mushroom (an oyster mushroom variety) They are tall and white with a smallish light brown cap. They are a firm mushroom with not much water so they are ideal for stews soups casseroles or braises ... long cooking. They are mild and nutty with a nice chew. Tonight I cook with them!

Gonna be Fried Catfish, filets, and small whole ones...
Hush Dem Puppies......
A Few FF potatoes....
Slaw of cabbage!
Chocolate Ice Cream.....

We're doing a Christmas dinner with Ken's family tonight as his Mom is going to Fort St John to have Christmas with her sister and brother.

I have pork & lentil soup in the crock pot. However, I think dh is scared of it because he thinks he doesn't like lentils. Anyway, I planned on that so I'll just make breakfast for dinner for him and the kids and I'll freeze the leftover soup for my lunches. I think I'll cook up a side of brown rice to go with MY soup.

For lunch I made Korean Knife cut noodles or Kalguksu.

img_948941_0_f015e77dc72d3949a424645e3c50487e.jpg

SO wants steak for dinner. 'Nuf said. We're having semi-boneless ribeyes, roasted potatoes and a veggie.

Simple Pan fried pork chops then simmered in pork gravy, steamed and buttered Brussels sprouts and potatoes mashed with butter and sour cream.

img_948996_0_292a71e3b58fca5615350822406f235a.jpg

to tired or to lazy to make something new. left over turkey and dressing. brussel sprouts and whole berry cranberry sauce. think i will freeze or toss the rest. the two eggnogs with brandy filled me up. pretty mellow though.

Solstice dinner party: rolled pork roast with dried apricots and prunes, salad with garlic dressing of doom, rødkål, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, brown basmati rice, garlic vegis, gravy. Trifle for dessert. There was lots of wine. It was good, it was fun. I will see if the pix are worth posting later.

the two eggnogs with brandy filled me up. pretty mellow though.

Haa haa.......cheers, Babe!!

I roasted a beer butt chicken and steamed broccoli. I also made Sesame Noodles, as we hadn't had them in several weeks. Dang good dinner if I say so myself.

Back
Top Bottom