Easy candy recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuzzmark

Assistant Cook
Hi!
I posted some recipes in a reply to Pistachio Cookies, but I thought I'd add them here. They are soooo easy & NO candy thermometer needed!
One of the recipes, the Amarreto Bon Bons, are from a friend on an art group I'm on.

Candy Bark
Preheat oven to 400º

1. Line cookie sheets with aluminum foil & butter the foil. Then line with 1 pkg. saltine crackers.
2. In saucepan, melt 2 sticks butter & 1 cup white sugar. When mixture starts to boil, start timing & boil for exactly 3 minutes, being careful not to burn butter.
3. Pour butter & sugar mixture over saltines. Bake exactly 5 minutes. Take out & sprinkle with 1 large bag chocolate chips. When chocolate starts to melt, spread around & sprinkle with chopped nuts & cut up right away. Cut up as if it were bark..uneven.
notes: I didn't line the cookie shies with foil, just buttered them very good & it was fine. You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate, white chocolate mixed & swirled with either of the other chocolates. I did one with white chocolate & cranberries. Also, for the nuts, I used walnuts on some & sliced almonds on another. I think they are better with the slated crakers, but that is a preference.
Candy Pretzels

1 1/2 boxes pepperidge Farm pretzel sticks, or any brand ...not the really thin one's, though.
1 bag of Kraft caramels, unwrapped
2 TBls. milk
1 Tbl. margarine
small bag or less of milk chocolate chips

Place caramels in microwave proof bowl & microwave until melted. Place waxed paper on cookie sheets & butter VERY well, or you'll never get the caramel coated pretzels off!
Dip one end of pretzels into melted caramel. Place on buttered waxed paper. Let set.
Melt chocolate & dip caramel end into that & replace on buttered waxed paper.

You can sprinkle with chopped nuts if you want.

Amaretto Bon Bons
In the top of a double boiler heat over barely simmering water 6 oz of semisweet bits with 3 Tablespoons of corn syrup, 1/4 superfine granulated sugar (I pulse regular sugar very lightly in my cuisinart), 2 teaspoons of instant coffee, and 1 teaspoon of boiling water until chocolate is melted.
Remove from heat
Stir in 1/4 cup almond-flavored liqueur (Amaretto) and 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies. (I use one sleeve of a Lorna Doone package). If desired, add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts. Stir, cool, chill in refrig.
Scoop out a teaspoon of mixture and shape in 1 inch ball. Dust in cocoa powder. Keep in tightly covered container in refrig.
Note: I have doubled the recipe but it is actually much easier and faster to do two separate batches than one large one.

Enjoy!
Clara

Back
Top Bottom