Me, take it or leave it :O)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayashiangel

Assistant Cook
Who am I? I have been a single parent for 19 years. Currently Living in Peoria, AZ just a stone throw from Phoenix.

I am addicted to food be it recipes collecting or even cooking food. I don’t want that fluffy crap they call dinner on a plates that costs $14.99 a plate and all you get is a small sick little piece of chicken, a spoonful of white rice , 5 small pieces of broccoli and call that a meal. I may not be 110 pounds but if I am paying $14.99 a plate I want a meal. So we as a family don’t go out much for nice dinners. We play it simple and do a lot of cooking at home cheaper and it yield a better meal w/ dessert for $14.99 a plate w/ leftovers.

I can whip up shredded chicken enchiladas in a 9 x 13 (I usually do it different I will explain more later about me and budget tricks) plus homemade refried beans and homemade Mexican rice for usually under $20.00 with leftovers for a few days ( I freeze leftovers)

I am very creative and budget well…I use to feed a family of 3 adults for $300 a month (that was food/household products/etc).

I also enjoy reading a lot as well as thrift store shopping and crocheting...

You'll fit right in here. You and I have a lot in common. I love cooking, saving money, reading and crochet.

I've been planning on starting a new thread for those of us who sew, knit, crochet or do crafts, but I've got a miserable cold right now and it's hard to drum up much enthusiasm.

What's your current crochet project?

Good morning from North Wales, I cant sew, crochet or knit, the only craft I do are the cheese slices, I think I can cook though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom