trivia 12/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 12/24
DID YOU KNOW...
The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20%
Of the world's oxygen supply.

1. Poetically speaking, what kind of animals fought at Kilkenny?
2. Where in New York City would you find a statue of the mythical
Prometheus?
3. How many World Series did the Yankees win under manager Casey Stengal?
a. - three
b. - five
c. - seven
4. can you name the playwright whose first Broadway hit was " come blow your
horn"?
5. where would you find the world's largest coral formation?
6. which tv comic had a puppet dog named black tooth?
7. What "CEO" position was held by Constantine, Liberius, and Sissinius, among many others ?
8. Who left a chart-topping group to record a solo album, All Things Must Pass ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The word "Zebra" comes from the old Portuguese word meaning "Striped".

1. cats
2. AT THE SKATING RINK AT ROCKEFELLER CENTER
3. c - Seven
4. NEIL SIMON
5. ON THE GREAT BARRIER REEF
AROUND AUSTRALIA
6. SOUPY SALES
7. Pope
8. George Harrison
CRAP !!
"Zebra" does come from an old Portuguese word, Zevra" which means "Wild Ass".

1. cats

3. c - Seven ~~ I should have answered, 7 is my favorite number to use when I answer a sports Q.
4. NEIL SIMON
AROUND AUSTRALIA
6. SOUPY SALES
7. Pope
8. George Harrison
CRAP !!

1. cats

3. c - Seven ~~ I should have answered, 7 is my favorite number to use when I answer a sports Q.
4. NEIL SIMON
AROUND AUSTRALIA
6. SOUPY SALES
7. Pope
8. George Harrison
CRAP !!

I got #5 right:angry:

The fun thing about trivia, is to compete with yourself. See what you remember from all your years of reading, watching, learning. I love trivia...I know just enough about everything to get myself in trouble and to enjoy 1:1 conversation with just about anyone.

I bet a shiny new nickel that you know more about our night skies than I will ever learn, Z!

The fun thing about trivia, is to compete with yourself. See what you remember from all your years of reading, watching, learning. I love trivia...I know just enough about everything to get myself in trouble and to enjoy 1:1 conversation with just about anyone.

I bet a shiny new nickel that you know more about our night skies than I will ever learn, Z!

I noticed that when I was doing Jeopardy that I only count the ones I answer. If I don't know, I don't answer. So it doesn't count against me.

Jeopardy gives me a happy jolt when I have the answer and the contestants dont. It's good for the self confidence.

Actually, Princess, I do probably know a lot abut the night skies. i've been fascinated since Sputnik, and the Hubble pictures boggle my mind.

So, my friend: Look into the skies sometime tonight and know that I love you. Please Kiss Shrek for me. I'm glad you are happy.

Last edited:
I noticed that when I was doing Jeopardy that I only count the ones I answer. If I don't know, I don't answer. So it doesn't count against me.

Jeopardy gives me a happy jolt when I have the answer and the contestants dont. It's good for the self confidence.

Actually, Princess, I do probably know a lot abut the night skies. i've been fascinated since Sputnik, and the Hubble pictures boggle my mind.

So, my friend: Look into the skies sometime tonight and know that I love you. Please Kiss Shrek for me. I'm glad you are happy.

Thank you for the thoughts! I love you, too and will take a look out tonight...I promise not to shoot any reindeer.:) Shrek has his nose buried in his new Kindle delivered today...he is excited. Shrek is kissed and encouraging me to return to the kitchen...he wants to know why we don't eat Tamales tonight!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom