Finding recipies too rich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexh1

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I have been getting serious about cooking and resurrected a couple of old cookbooks that I have, "Whats Cooking : Mediterranean" by Ann White and "Cooks Library Pasta and Italian". I made the Provencial Daube from the former and Meatballs in wine sauce from the latter.

Although the dishes were good, they struck me as too rich. I'm not afraid of intense flavor or spice but these were "heavy". I did make several of the chicken dishes such as Roman Chicken and Chicken with green olives and they were good.

I regularly make simple meatballs with breadcrumbs, garlic, onions etc. and just put tomato sauce from a jar on them and they are much better IMO than the Meatballs in Wine sauce that took me the better part of a day.

So I was wondering if someone could recommend a Mediterranean/Italian cookbook - perhaps the ones I have are too traditional?

My goal is to eat healthy with lots of tomato sauce and colorful veggies.

Thanks

The Silverspoon is the classic Italian cookbook. Very simple and only a few ingredients in most recipes. It isn't cheap, but there are over 2000 recipes and they are great. I use my book a lot.

Back
Top Bottom