So what did you get for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, so what fun and exciting things did everyone get for Christmas? New cookbooks? Cookware? Knives? Something non-cooking?

Cooking wise I got the Star Trek pizza cutter and Klingon corkscrew and a TARDIS cookie jar from ThinkGeek.com.

I got a Wii. It's used but that's what my son could afford on his salary. He'll spend the next week while I'm gone removing stuff from it from the previous owner (him) and hooking it up to my tv. I mainly want it to stream Netflix. The other thing I got was a White Christmas in Virginia. Around 3pm it started snowing and hasn't stopped since!

Attachments

• img_0038.jpg
    img_0038.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 196
Besides getting my pie maker early. Complete computer upgrade, windows 7 newly installed ( can't stand it)

Mentioned a while back that I'd like to learn Calligraphy. I was so bored and confined at the time. Thought they had forgotten. They picked me up a few things for that to get me started.

Jabbur,
We have Netflix set up with the Wii.. Love it. I like the set up on that more then the Roku box. I mostly use Netflix from my comp, while I'm cooking. so I'll never be without an old movie again.. Direct TV still misses us..

I got a Shun santoku knife. One of the best gifts I've ever received.

My husband and I gave up on buying each other gifts several years ago. We don't have kids. My parents give us a check every year, and we're debating between a computer upgrade (which I suspect will happen anyway) and a Wisconsin/Michigan trip (Michigan will be the last state that I have not set foot in; at least I don't think. Traveled a lot as a kid, so may have been there, but I don't think so). I also got a second pair of LL Bean flannel lined jeans, which I wear a lot since I walk a lot in sub-freezing weather. My sisters sent a box of citrus, which I'm loving.

Okay, so what fun and exciting things did everyone get for Christmas? New cookbooks? Cookware? Knives? Something non-cooking?

Cooking wise I got the Star Trek pizza cutter and Klingon corkscrew and a TARDIS cookie jar from ThinkGeek.com.

Isn't that Pizza Cutter awesome????:)

I have no idea what I'm getting, it was backordered:huh: I do know where it's coming from. Shrek has tried to tell me a couple of times, but I keep cutting him off...I like surprises.:)

I got a Wii. It's used but that's what my son could afford on his salary. He'll spend the next week while I'm gone removing stuff from it from the previous owner (him) and hooking it up to my tv. I mainly want it to stream Netflix. The other thing I got was a White Christmas in Virginia. Around 3pm it started snowing and hasn't stopped since!
We bought one this year also. It was more of a family gift. I have a 13 year old who has been pretty busy with it. We also will use it for Netflix. I have been on rabbit ears for 20 years.:LOL:My wife and I usually buy each other bottles of liquor to add to the cabinet. They pretty much last all year because we rarely drink liquor. I'm a beer and wine guy and my wife rarely drinks anything at all. My wife bought me a ratchet set because she is tired of having to listent to the cursing every time I try to use my old one.:angry:

I got Shrek a Kindle...he said we would share, until he had it in his hands...he then told me to order one for myself...it's on the way. Now I don't have to hide any cookbook purchases!:)

Santa was very good to me this year. A Cusinart 12 - cup food processor and a pair of de buyer carbon steel mineral fry pans.

I really excited about the new pans but have never used this type before. Anyone use these?

a new crock pot with insulated travel bag, a droid phone with bluetooth device, a sound machine for sleeping, a stocking full of toblerone, and the joy of seeing my family's delight at opening their gifts.

a new crock pot with insulated travel bag, a droid phone with bluetooth device, a sound machine for sleeping, a stocking full of toblerone, and the joy of seeing my family's delight at opening their gifts.

"Toblerones! It's impossible to eat a ****** Toblerone without hurting yourself!" ~~ Billy Connely

I got a nice check for $75. I set it aside for gifts and write to her telling her what I bought and how much I like them. So far, I bought 3 pairs of sweat pants in turquoise, maroon and green, plus a kangaroo hoodie in black. Each of the sweat pants matches at least two tops I already have, so my wardrobe is filling in nicely, plus I've still got another $20 left.

Back
Top Bottom