Thursday, 1/6/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Something with ground beef. I'll let you know when I pin it down!!

Any plans?

Good morning ... I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day and already thinking about dinner ... lol;)

Snow is expected tomorrow through Saturday, so a trip to the market for a few things will be on my agenda today.

Msmofet's dinner last night is my inspiration for dinner tonight ... we're having breaded chicken cutlents, mashed potatoes, and baby spinach with garlic and oil.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Good morning ... I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day and already thinking about dinner ... lol;)

Snow is expected tomorrow through Saturday, so a trip to the market for a few things will be on my agenda today.

Msmofet's dinner last night is my inspiration for dinner tonight ... we're having breaded chicken cutlents, mashed potatoes, and baby spinach with garlic and oil.

Enjoy the day:chef:
LOL It is a wonderful combo!! Enjoy.

We are also seeing the Red Alert Band on the weather chanel -Winter Storm Watch. Stay warm and safe LC.

i'm 'goin 2 your place!

i am figuring a chix burger w/an egg (either fried/poached),
green beanz w/ butter, pepper & a few other seasonongs

I'm leaning towards pork chops, but I have a lot of that turkey casserole I made last night left over, too...

Burgers and a salad. Though it's cold, the grill is close enough to the back door that I can survive the experience.

I too was inspired by the beautiful Confetti Soup by MsMofet.

I'm back from the grocery store and I think I have everything now. It won't be Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (w/o the seasoning packet) as I now have wild rice as well as white.

I picked up some pimentos as well as the pimento olives (cheap with lots of extra pimentos).

I think I'm all set, after I rest up a bit and check out the recipe again.

In the meantime, I can boil up a chicken thigh and make more stock. I have a cup or more of beef stock, but I'll need more stock.

I'll make at least a 4 C liquid to 2 C rice batch. That way I'll have W&W (white & wild) rice to freeze too.

Fooey, Rats and Dag Nabbit. I don't have any half & half, or milk, or evaporated milk!

I can either wait until next Wednesday when I get the commodities (3 evaporated milk), OR, I can use a cream of chicken soup or two. Hmmmm.

I think the cream of soups will have to do. I'm really psyched about making this.

Last edited:
I too was inspired by the beautiful Confetti Soup by MsMofet.

I'm back from the grocery store and I think I have everything now. It won't be Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (w/o the seasoning packet) as I now have wild rice as well as white.

I picked up some pimentos as well as the pimento olives (cheap with lots of extra pimentos).

I think I'm all set, after I rest up a bit and check out the recipe again.

In the meantime, I can boil up a chicken thigh and make more stock. I have a cup or more of beef stock, but I'll need more stock.

I'll make at least a 4 C liquid to 2 C rice batch. That way I'll have W&W (white & wild) rice to freeze too.
WOW!! One more and I will pull a hat trick!! LOL

Start the wild rice first as it takes a bit longer to cook than white rice.

Hope you enjoy it!

Probably not a darn thing tonight! I'm thinking of going to Jersey Mike's to get a soup and salad. My son works there and this way I can get a full tummy AND see my son!!:brows:

We are having pasta with sauce and meat balls, iceberg lettuce salad, garlic cheese toast. I just came from the market and the green bean prices are out of sight and the romaine didn't look as good as I like. Big freezes cause huge jump in fresh veggies. BTW green cabbage was .99. I paid $2.72 for a medium size head of cabbage.

WOW!! One more and I will pull a hat trick!! LOL

Start the wild rice first as it takes a bit longer to cook than white rice.

Hope you enjoy it!

I'm going to take my time with the soup as it will be better tomorrow anyway.

I also picked up a package of nice size scallops. Not deep sea size, but not little bay scallops either. Inch or better size, so I'm going to want some even if for a snack :ROFLMAO:

I wanted to make a cocktail sauce, but this store didn't have chili sauce! You know the kind like catsup, but with pickles or something. I like to take that and add a bunch of horseradish to it for cocktail sauce.

I figure I can make my own chili sauce, if I can find a DCer who can tell me if adding relish (either sweet or dill) to catsup will give me the same flavor as the bottled chili sauce.

If not, I'll add a bunch of horseradish to Ranch dressing, for a dipping sauce. :chef:

I decided to take something red out of the freezer. I am hoping it's some kind of pasta sauce.

Cornflake chicken in the DO tonight. Committee salad and a starch to be named later. I'm thinking quinoa but might be persuaded to do potatoes. (Lord I'm sick of potatoes!)

We are finishing up the last of the pork roast and potatoes this evening along with some sauerkraut and a veggie (to be decided when I open the freezer)

Back
Top Bottom