Hello from the Ottawa Valley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulaayn

Assistant Cook
Hello All,

I stumbled upon this site looking for some pork tenderloin help and thought I'd join in. I'm a farmer's wife in the Upper Ottawa Valley. We raise pork, vegetables and cash crops. Needless to say our meals are fairly 'meat and potatoes' but that's what a working man needs. We do need to find a way to include more vegetables but between my husband and my 5 year old, approved vegetable selection is small. :chef:

Hello All,

I stumbled upon this site looking for some pork tenderloin help and thought I'd join in. I'm a farmer's wife in the Upper Ottawa Valley. We raise pork, vegetables and cash crops. Needless to say our meals are fairly 'meat and potatoes' but that's what a working man needs. We do need to find a way to include more vegetables but between my husband and my 5 year old, approved vegetable selection is small. :chef:

Welcome to DC, Paula Ayn (is that correct?) If we know what kinds of vegetables you have available, maybe some of us could come up with recipes that both your Hubby and the 5 year old might like.

Right now all they eat are corn, green beans, peas, carrots and potatoes. I'd like to try and get more 'green' into them. We have pretty good selection at the grocery store (and can grow lots) but it's getting them to eat it when it's on the plate -that's the problem.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom