Saturday JEOPARDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........

JEOPARDY- SPORTS
1. ($400)- In May 1990 this player became the first guard in NBA history to win 3 MVP awards...
[ who is Magic Johnson ? ]
2. ($1200)- In 1978 he won the heavyweight boxing title; 7 years later, his brother did the same...
[who is Leon Spinks ? ]
3. ($2000)- Randy Barnes, world record holder in this event, has a license plate that read “80 feet”...
[what is the Shot Put ? ]
Double JEOPARDY- PSYCH 103
4.($800)- The digit-span test doesn't measure the width of your hand but how many of these you can recall...
[ what are numbers ?]
5. ($2400)- Swiss psychiatrist who said there is a “collective unconscious” shared by all mankind ...
[ who is Carl Yung ? ]
6. ($4000)- In this type of study, first done at McGill Univ., students were paid to feel, see, hear & touch nothing...
[what is Sense Deprivation ? ]
Final JEOPARDY- LATIN PHRASES
The pluribus, or many, in our motto “E Pluribus Unum” originally referred to this number ...
[what is 13 ?]

Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........

JEOPARDY- SPORTS
1. ($400)- In May 1990 this player became the first guard in NBA history to win 3 MVP awards...
[ who is Magic Johnson ? ]
2. ($1200)- In 1978 he won the heavyweight boxing title; 7 years later, his brother did the same...
[who is Leon Spinks ? ]
3. ($2000)- Randy Barnes, world record holder in this event, has a license plate that read “80 feet”...
[what is the Shot Put ? ]
Double JEOPARDY- PSYCH 103
4.($800)- The digit-span test doesn't measure the width of your hand but how many of these you can recall...
[ what are numbers ?]
5. ($2400)- Swiss psychiatrist who said there is a “collective unconscious” shared by all mankind ...
[ who is Carl Yung ? ]
6. ($4000)- In this type of study, first done at McGill Univ., students were paid to feel, see, hear & touch nothing...
[what is Sense Deprivation ? ]
Final JEOPARDY- LATIN PHRASES
The pluribus, or many, in our motto “E Pluribus Unum” originally referred to this number ...
[what is 13 ?]
Okay, you managed to get me completely. I managed to miss every single one.

However, I do have to take you to task about #4. By using the word hand in your clue you can't ask me for both hands in my answer.

Just like a crossword puzzle, tense and quantity must match.:ROFLMAO:

Am I right?:LOL:

I got the first 4 correct, but I bombed on the rest.

I'm not that into basketball, but Magic Johnson was fairly easy to come up with.

I HATE boxing, but as soon as I read that one I thought, "Didn't Leon Spinks have a brother named Larry?" Well, no he didn't, his brother's name is Michael, but the non-existent Larry is the one who gave me the right answer!

Shot put was an educated guess.

I don't know if correct reasoning gave me the answer to #4, but I remember hearing about how we are able to remember numbers if they are bunched together, which is why we do phone numbers the way we do, with 3 digits in the prefix and 4 in the last part.

I didn't pay attention to the word "Swiss" in the next one and guessed Freud (Austrian) and like I said, it was downhill from there!

:)Barbara

I got the Psych and the Latin...Sports questions are for other people...I failed on those!

You didn't have to know them. You just had to remember fake brothers like I did! :LOL:

That only works for me when someone's jersey number is 7...otherwise I have no luck.:ROFLMAO:

Poor Shrek was all excited about the two football games today and I didn't really care...one of these days he will remember that and not try to engage me in sports talk.:rolleyes:

That was one good thing about my dad. We never lost the TV to sports. He hates sports. He just doesn't see the sense in them. He didn't mind playing some sports in school, and he liked to water ski and to go hunting, but to watch sports? Forget it. The only sports events I can remember him ever watching were the Olympics because we watched them. He enjoyed them, but I doubt he would have ever turned them on himself.

P.S. My 21 day Daniel Fast started about an hour ago. The last thing I had before it started was two cups of the Wild Huckleberry White Hot Chocolate that you sent us. It was good! Now I am drinking water. :cool:

P.S. My 21 day Daniel Fast started about an hour ago. The last thing I had before it started was two cups of the Wild Huckleberry White Hot Chocolate that you sent us. It was good! Now I am drinking water. :cool:

I hope you finished the chocolate bar, so it won't be calling to you.

Good luck, I hope it works for you!:)

Thanks!

I finished the chocolate bar the day I opened it. :angel: Honestly, I have not been that much in the mood for chocolates or other sweets these days. There is a huge jar of Nutella that I haven't even opened. James brought me a bag of M&Ms last week (not the biggest bag, but not a "candy bar" sized one either). Normally they would have been gone in a day or two, but there are still quite a few in it. I think my body knows it has crossed the line and I have been wanting healthier things lately. :)

Thanks!

I finished the chocolate bar the day I opened it. :angel: Honestly, I have not been that much in the mood for chocolates or other sweets these days. There is a huge jar of Nutella that I haven't even opened. James brought me a bag of M&Ms last week (not the biggest bag, but not a "candy bar" sized one either). Normally they would have been gone in a day or two, but there are still quite a few in it. I think my body knows it has crossed the line and I have been wanting healthier things lately. :)

Good Luck, Hon! My prayers for your success!

That only works for me when someone's jersey number is 7...otherwise I have no luck.:ROFLMAO:

Poor Shrek was all excited about the two football games today and I didn't really care...one of these days he will remember that and not try to engage me in sports talk.:rolleyes:

He won't remember that. Men are hopeless when it comes to their sports, or cars, or band members.:ROFLMAO:

Just kidding around guys...sort of:angel:

Two hands for 10 fingers. Your answer states hand, singular.:chef:

C'mon, admit it, I got you for once. :angel:

Well, the reference to the hand is telling you what the right answer ISN'T,
I'm not sure how "fingers" comes into the equation, though......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom