Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   I Quit!!! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/i-quit-69498.html)

PrincessFiona60 01-08-2011 12:06 PM

I Quit!!!
 
After 39 years, I'm calling it quits! On smoking, that is.

I'm looking for support and a place to type out my "Arrrrgh" moments , those of you who have battled the tobacco monster know what I'm talking about...those of you who haven't, I hope to be an inspiration.

If you don't smoke and never have...join in and watch the addicts bounce off the walls:lol:

I put out my last cigarette at Midnight, last night. I started week two of the Chantix this morning. So far, not too bad...I have odd moments of not knowing what to do with my hands.

I may have to just leave the house today...spending money should keep me busy:rofl: Spending Shrek's money would be even better.:innocent:

So here, I am...a big step away from who I was yesterday. I will need your help.

forty_caliber 01-08-2011 12:16 PM

Way to go PF! You can do it!!!!!!!!

I quit using Chantix and it worked out really well for me. Here are a few tips.

  • After 3 days, your symptoms are purely psychological because your physical addiction has passed.
  • People have smoking triggers. Learn what your triggers are.
    • Meals
    • Driving
    • coffee
    • alcohol
  • Once you identify your triggers and you have the urge to smoke wait wait 60 seconds to see if the urge passes.
.40

Zhizara 01-08-2011 12:20 PM

Good luck, PF! Do you crochet or knit? If so, buy a kit, start a project. It will keep your hands busy.

PrincessFiona60 01-08-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty_caliber (Post 957142)
Way to go PF! You can do it!!!!!!!!

I quit using Chantix and it worked out really well for me. Here are a few tips.

  • After 3 days, your symptoms are purely psychological because your physical addiction has passed.
  • People have smoking triggers. Learn what your triggers are.
    • Meals
    • Driving
    • coffee
    • alcohol
  • Once you identify your triggers and you have the urge to smoke wait wait 60 seconds to see if the urge passes.
.40

Rubbing or Drinking...I don't drink, but I am surrounded by the other at work:rofl:

I signed up with the Support from Chantix. I'm expecting my first phone call tonight.

Thanks .40, I appreciate the help!

PrincessFiona60 01-08-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhizara (Post 957144)
Good luck, PF! Do you crochet or knit? If so, buy a kit, start a project. It will keep your hands busy.

Thanks, Z! I told you it would be good...:lol: unfortunately I do not knit, crochet, etc. I read,write, play online and cook...when I'm not at work. I do have another lesson plan I need to finish up. :wacko:

I have a stash of cinnamon sticks and lemon drops.

Zhizara 01-08-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 957150)
Thanks, Z! I told you it would be good...:lol: unfortunately I do not knit, crochet, etc. I read,write, play online and cook...when I'm not at work. I do have another lesson plan I need to finish up. :wacko:

I have a stash of cinnamon sticks and lemon drops.

Yeah, hard candies will help. It takes care of the oral fixation part.:lol:

Since you work in a medical facility, I know you have to go outside to smoke. Go anyway. Take your Kindle with you, enjoy the fresh air.

PrincessFiona60 01-08-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhizara (Post 957156)
Since you work in a medical facility, I know you have to go outside to smoke. Go anyway. Take your Kindle with you, enjoy the fresh air.

We were always relegated to the back of the building behind the trash cans...now I can go sit in the Rose Garden in front of the Admins office:lol:

It takes 3 minutes to walk all around the building...if I include the hospital, it should make it 10 minutes...I can do that in a 15 minute break time.:smile:

pacanis 01-08-2011 12:52 PM

Good luck, PF!

Andy M. 01-08-2011 01:59 PM

Brava, PF! Good luck.

Let me know if I can help, I have quit smoking a number of times so I must be an expert. Smoke-free since 1977.

PrincessFiona60 01-08-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 957191)
Brava, PF! Good luck.

Let me know if I can help, I have quit smoking a number of times so I must be an expert. Smoke-free since 1977.

Oh I know that feeling, I'm an expert too...just haven't managed to complete the finale!

Thanks, Andy...I'll be screaming for help.:lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.