Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Monday, 1/10/2011, What's cooking? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/monday-1-10-2011-whats-cooking-69526.html)

msmofet 01-10-2011 11:22 AM

Monday, 1/10/2011, What's cooking?
 
I have Beef, Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Mexican Rice and avacado planned. But one never knows what the day will bring! LOL

Any plans?

pigskins 01-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 957791)
I have Beef, Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Mexican Rice and avacado planned. But one never knows what the day will bring! LOL

Any plans?

That sounds good, maybe later this week!

I'm in the mood to make some sandwich rolls from scratch and have some ground beef out so it's probably burgers again. Maybe I'll spice them up with some BBQ sauce in the mix or something...

msmofet 01-10-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigskins (Post 957795)
That sounds good, maybe later this week!

I'm in the mood to make some sandwich rolls from scratch and have some ground beef out so it's probably burgers again. Maybe I'll spice them up with some BBQ sauce in the mix or something...

Thank you.

I had a chili dog for breakfast. LOL That chili tastes better today.

Katie H 01-10-2011 11:36 AM

Cold as..................

We're having white beans and ham hocks, cornmeal pan rolls, tea, and fresh coconut cake with pineapple custard filling.

Andy M. 01-10-2011 11:42 AM

I'm making chicken with pickled peppers and kalamata olives.

msmofet 01-10-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie H (Post 957805)
Cold as..................

We're having white beans and ham hocks, cornmeal pan rolls, tea, and fresh coconut cake with pineapple custard filling.

Hey there Katie!!

Ok I need details and a recipe for the cornmeal pan rolls (sounds like they may go nicely with my dinner tonight) and the coconut cake (I love coconut!!). Pretty Please

msmofet 01-10-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 957815)
I'm making chicken with pickled peppers and kalamata olives.

Did you mug Peter Piper?

Katie H 01-10-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 957817)
Hey there Katie!!

Ok I need details and a recipe for the cornmeal pan rolls (sounds like they may go nicely with my dinner tonight) and the coconut cake (I love coconut!!). Pretty Please

The cake is awesome and the only thing I did differently (because I didn't have any whipped topping) was to use sweetened whipped cream for the icing part. It's a Southern Living magazine recipe.

As for the rolls, they are great with a more hearty meal and I made them, except for forming them and the second rise, in my bread machine. They come from Taste of Home magazine. You can find them here.

Enjoy!!!!

msmofet 01-10-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie H (Post 957827)
The cake is awesome and the only thing I did differently (because I didn't have any whipped topping) was to use sweetened whipped cream for the icing part. It's a Southern Living magazine recipe.

As for the rolls, they are great with a more hearty meal and I made them, except for forming them and the second rise, in my bread machine. They come from Taste of Home magazine. You can find them here.

Enjoy!!!!

Thank you on my way to check them out.

If I don't have the ingredients I can always make a Black Devil's Food Cake topped with whipped cream and coconut!! :chef:

jabbur 01-10-2011 12:25 PM

I have pizza sauce left over from the holidays and need to use it up. It has already been frozen once so don't want to put it back in the freezer. Therefore, the pizza dough is rising in the fridge right now. Will add some bacon that's left over and pepperoni to the sausage and ground beef in the sauce. Top with Swiss, cheddar and Asiago cheese. Since DS is home for the week and DH is teaching tonight I can make both of them happy since the pizza warms up well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.