Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Monday, 1/10/2011, What's cooking? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/monday-1-10-2011-whats-cooking-69526.html)

AnnieDrews 01-10-2011 11:38 AM

Made a pot of potato soup last night so it would be available when my boys get home today from their Dad's. My younger son asked me to make it again! Going to have it with french bread and fruit salad (peaches, pears, grapes...maybe banana). Then offer them banana cake for desert. I made the cake this weekend for the first time and it is delicious. I need the boys to eat it so I won't be tempted by it all week....:rolleyes: I could eat the cream cheese frosting with a spoon.:pig:

Kayelle 01-10-2011 11:45 AM

When I was browning up all the pork cubes for my chili verde last night I saw that I had way too much pork, so I took out about three cups of meat to do something else with it today.

I have some ideas rolling around about what to do with it today involving red and yellow bell peppers, onions, and fresh cranberries from the freezer.

Chapter 2 to follow later in the day.:wink:

I'm so craving desert, and I'm such a lousy baker I'll have to figure something out.

cookingfan7 01-10-2011 11:46 AM

I will make ground beef with sweet potatoes and apples today.

PrincessFiona60 01-10-2011 12:11 PM

I'll be cooking up taco meat today for the rest of the week. Tonight will be salmon, rice and aspargus.

Zhizara 01-10-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbur (Post 957847)
I have pizza sauce left over from the holidays and need to use it up. It has already been frozen once so don't want to put it back in the freezer. Therefore, the pizza dough is rising in the fridge right now. Will add some bacon that's left over and pepperoni to the sausage and ground beef in the sauce. Top with Swiss, cheddar and Asiago cheese. Since DS is home for the week and DH is teaching tonight I can make both of them happy since the pizza warms up well.

Sounds delicious. What a great way to use up leftovers.:chef:

passioncook 01-10-2011 01:56 PM

Beef braised in Barolo (except I can't afford Barolo! Using Zinfandel instead) and broccoli, don't know what I'll do for a side yet.

babetoo 01-10-2011 03:43 PM

gonna use the leftover pork loin , some white beans and make some chili. cornbread. still have cake for dessert. today is the last day on that. will have to dump it if i can't give it away. oh well! then again i might make lil smokies in puff pastry and munch on them all day. trying to tempt myself to eat.

Uncle Bob 01-10-2011 04:03 PM

Roasted Chicken......
Dumplings......
Green Beans........
Pone Bread.......

PattY1 01-10-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob (Post 957955)
Roasted Chicken......
Dumplings......
Green Beans........
Pone Bread.......

Are you out of Chocolate Ice Cream?:lol:

Uncle Bob 01-10-2011 04:34 PM

:ohmy: Heaven to Betsey No!! Uncle Bob is never out of Chocolate Ice Cream!!!:lol: