Monday, 1/10/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have Beef, Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Mexican Rice and avacado planned. But one never knows what the day will bring! LOL

Any plans?

I have Beef, Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Mexican Rice and avacado planned. But one never knows what the day will bring! LOL

Any plans?

That sounds good, maybe later this week!

I'm in the mood to make some sandwich rolls from scratch and have some ground beef out so it's probably burgers again. Maybe I'll spice them up with some BBQ sauce in the mix or something...

That sounds good, maybe later this week!

I'm in the mood to make some sandwich rolls from scratch and have some ground beef out so it's probably burgers again. Maybe I'll spice them up with some BBQ sauce in the mix or something...
Thank you.

I had a chili dog for breakfast. LOL That chili tastes better today.

Cold as..................

We're having white beans and ham hocks, cornmeal pan rolls, tea, and fresh coconut cake with pineapple custard filling.
Hey there Katie!!

Ok I need details and a recipe for the cornmeal pan rolls (sounds like they may go nicely with my dinner tonight) and the coconut cake (I love coconut!!). Pretty Please

Hey there Katie!!

Ok I need details and a recipe for the cornmeal pan rolls (sounds like they may go nicely with my dinner tonight) and the coconut cake (I love coconut!!). Pretty Please

The cake is awesome and the only thing I did differently (because I didn't have any whipped topping) was to use sweetened whipped cream for the icing part. It's a Southern Living magazine recipe.

As for the rolls, they are great with a more hearty meal and I made them, except for forming them and the second rise, in my bread machine. They come from Taste of Home magazine. You can find them here.

Enjoy!!!!

The cake is awesome and the only thing I did differently (because I didn't have any whipped topping) was to use sweetened whipped cream for the icing part. It's a Southern Living magazine recipe.

As for the rolls, they are great with a more hearty meal and I made them, except for forming them and the second rise, in my bread machine. They come from Taste of Home magazine. You can find them here.

Enjoy!!!!
Thank you on my way to check them out.

If I don't have the ingredients I can always make a Black Devil's Food Cake topped with whipped cream and coconut!! :chef:

I have pizza sauce left over from the holidays and need to use it up. It has already been frozen once so don't want to put it back in the freezer. Therefore, the pizza dough is rising in the fridge right now. Will add some bacon that's left over and pepperoni to the sausage and ground beef in the sauce. Top with Swiss, cheddar and Asiago cheese. Since DS is home for the week and DH is teaching tonight I can make both of them happy since the pizza warms up well.

Made a pot of potato soup last night so it would be available when my boys get home today from their Dad's. My younger son asked me to make it again! Going to have it with french bread and fruit salad (peaches, pears, grapes...maybe banana). Then offer them banana cake for desert. I made the cake this weekend for the first time and it is delicious. I need the boys to eat it so I won't be tempted by it all week....:rolleyes: I could eat the cream cheese frosting with a spoon.:pig:

When I was browning up all the pork cubes for my chili verde last night I saw that I had way too much pork, so I took out about three cups of meat to do something else with it today.

I have some ideas rolling around about what to do with it today involving red and yellow bell peppers, onions, and fresh cranberries from the freezer.

Chapter 2 to follow later in the day.;)

I'm so craving desert, and I'm such a lousy baker I'll have to figure something out.

I'll be cooking up taco meat today for the rest of the week. Tonight will be salmon, rice and aspargus.

I have pizza sauce left over from the holidays and need to use it up. It has already been frozen once so don't want to put it back in the freezer. Therefore, the pizza dough is rising in the fridge right now. Will add some bacon that's left over and pepperoni to the sausage and ground beef in the sauce. Top with Swiss, cheddar and Asiago cheese. Since DS is home for the week and DH is teaching tonight I can make both of them happy since the pizza warms up well.

Sounds delicious. What a great way to use up leftovers.:chef:

gonna use the leftover pork loin , some white beans and make some chili. cornbread. still have cake for dessert. today is the last day on that. will have to dump it if i can't give it away. oh well! then again i might make lil smokies in puff pastry and munch on them all day. trying to tempt myself to eat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom