Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's for Dinner Tuesday the 11th? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-tuesday-the-11th-69547.html)

Andy M. 01-11-2011 09:06 AM

What's for Dinner Tuesday the 11th?

I'm making a meatloaf from an Armenian recipe using a beef lamb mixture, tomato and seasonings. This mixture is primarily made into kebabs and grilled. I usually make it into burgers. I decided to make a meatloaf out of it this time. We''l see how well it translates.

Baked potato and a salad will complete the meal.

Zhizara 01-11-2011 09:11 AM

I'm making Tamale Meatloaf: 1-1/4# hamburger, 1/3# ground sausage, 1/4 Chroizo, taco seasoning and chili powder with cornbread as filler.

PrincessFiona60 01-11-2011 09:13 AM

White bean and chicken chili.

msmofet 01-11-2011 09:26 AM

When I make enchiladas I split it in 2. We can only eat 1 enchilada at a time because they are so filling. LOL So it is always a replay. Tonight family will have replay enchiladas and I may have chicken broth with carrots, celery, onions and rice.

AnnieDrews 01-11-2011 09:55 AM

I have no idea! We will either go out to supper or I could make pizza breads and have the rest of the fruit salad....will report back later!

pigskins 01-11-2011 10:13 AM

Still have some Mexican shredded pork in the freezer from a big cook awhile ago, will heat it up with some Penzey's Rojo seasoning, green chilis, other spices, and have pork tacos and Spanish rice.

joesfolk 01-11-2011 10:25 AM

It must be meatloaf night. Not feeling well and the only thing that sounds good is meatloaf. Mine is made with beef and venison and a hint of nutmeg along with the other usual suspects. Probably will have mashed potatoes and broccoli. Wheat rolls are already made.

LPBeier 01-11-2011 10:38 AM

It is just Dad and I tonight and both of us are not eating much lately so I was thinking about putting on a pot of soup. It will be chicken or beef, not quite sure yet.

LPBeier 01-11-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 958189)
I'm making a meatloaf from an Armenian recipe using a beef lamb mixture, tomato and seasonings. This mixture is primarily made into kebabs and grilled. I usually make it into burgers. I decided to make a meatloaf out of it this time. We''l see how well it translates.

Baked potato and a salad will complete the meal.

That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Andy M. 01-11-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 958217)
That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Hi LP, it'll be interesting. Moisture isn't an issue with this mix. I have to add bread crumbs for the burgers.

I'll let you know how it turns out.