Freezing foccacia/pizza dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tauruscat

Assistant Cook
I'm just wondering if you can freeze dough after 2 rising? Should I separate it first or keep it whole and separate it when ready to use. Also today is Wednesday, I'm using it on Saturday. Can I leave it in the fridge or should I freeze it and take it out Saturday morning??
Thanks for your help...:)

I think after two risings, your yeast is fairly well expended. I would dissolve another packet of yeast in about 1/2 cup of lukewarm water, once the yeast has bloomed, stir it into your dough, cover and put in the fridge. On Saturday, take it out of the fridge, divide it in half or whatever you were going to do, kneading enough flour back in to each piece to make a silky dough. Let it rest and then form into what you are making. Only let it rise once.

You can knock down the dough and refrigerate. After a day or two you can refresh it by letting it warm somewhat, kneading in some water and flour, letting it rise (may take a couple of hours), knocking it down and placing back in the refrigerator. On the day of use, if the dough is wet, you'll find it easier to handle and may want to add some additional flour while it is still cold.

Back
Top Bottom