Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/thursday-1-13-2011-whats-cooking-today-69569.html)

msmofet 01-13-2011 03:27 AM

Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today?

Chicken will most likely be dinner tonight.

Any plans?

Zhizara 01-13-2011 03:55 AM

So far, I plan to have fried meatloaf slices with eggs over easy for breakfast.

I'm starting a pot of Great Northern beans, just to warm it up in here.

I'll probably freeze the rest of the meatloaf.

I took out a container of pork chili so that will either be lunch and/or dinner.

I really need to work on cleaning out the freezer. I'll bet I could go a month without cooking anything new if I had to. Not bad for a 5' tall fridge. It has a decent size freezer, especially with the wire coated racks I added. The inventory I took the other day was a surprise - 21 different items, many of which will make several meals! For instance I listed mixed lima/split peas once, but I have 2 full containers, each with 2 meals worth.

Oh, and today is another shopping day. Not much $ left, but I need a few items to round out some recipes.:rofl:

msmofet 01-13-2011 07:28 AM

Ok so it will probably be a sesame chicken trial run of a recipe someone did and it looks fantastic!!

pigskins 01-13-2011 08:09 AM

It's leftovers day here. Got some grilled steak and chicken, a couple of burgers, some of the Mexican shredded pork, and of course last night's garlic cheddar chicken. Wife & son working late tonight.

I might make a loaf of bread to distract those who might not be too excited about leftovers... I love them!

joesfolk 01-13-2011 08:27 AM

We are doing summer tonight. Grilled kielbasa links with potatoe salad and probably a green salad also.

msmofet 01-13-2011 08:42 AM

I am planning to try out a new recipe tonight. I'm going to take Sesame Chicken for a trial run.

NYBrit 01-13-2011 08:51 AM

I'm planning on doing a stir fry tonight. But now I have to go out in the snow and cold because I forgot to get onions and garlic!

pigskins 01-13-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesfolk (Post 958798)
We are doing summer tonight. Grilled kielbasa links with potatoe salad and probably a green salad also.

Where are you? If I tried to do summer tonight, I'd have to dig the grill out from under a couple feet of snow!! Past couple days worth. :smile:

PrincessFiona60 01-13-2011 08:56 AM

Beef burrito with cheese and salsa.

licia 01-13-2011 09:00 AM

We are having meat loaf tonight - our grandson's favorite. I received my NuWave oven and cooked steaks last night - they were delicious. Tonite I will try the meatloaf - probably with augratin potatoes and asparagus - maybe a green salad, or sliced tomatoes. Strawberries for dessert.