Purple or Green Cauliflower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkaylady

Senior Cook
Anyone have a recipe for roasted purple or green cauliflower? I bought some at the Farmer's Market and the guy said it is great roasted but I never roasted vegetables before. Any suggestions?

I don't have a specific recipe for them, but roasted vegetable basics for me is:

* cut into similar sizes (separate into two piles if vegetables are of different cooking densities, so that for example tomatoes can be added half way)
* toss well in olive oil, minced garlic optional, season salt and pepper
* optional use of spices (some herbs) that do not burn easily (I don't add anything to my cauliflower, not even garlic.)
* spread on cookie sheet or roasting pan, single layer
* oven set to broil, start at 400 and adjust +/- next time you roast again
* place in top rack, or according to your oven (veggies are 4-6 inches from heat source)
* leave oven door half way open, keep a constant eye on them to ensure they don't burn, toss/turn/stir once or twice
* they're done when you say they're done

I like to finish my cauliflower with chives and a drizzle of very sharp vinegar. I'd be interested in anyone posting a slow roast method for them.

Thanks. I am making a pork roast tonight and was going to put in potatoes to roast at the same time. Do you think I could cut up some of the purple and green cauliflower and mix and season it with the cut up potatoes, and then roast along with the pork roast?

Back
Top Bottom