I'm so excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
My bf has been offered a job where he will be making almost double his current salary! It's not a sure thing, but they are only looking at one other guy for the job, and that guy apparently has issues with calling in to work all the time. My bf is has consistently been the number one sales guy for his company in the entire state of Minnesota for 3 years, and for the last 5 years before that, he was the guy this growing furniture store sent around to different cities opening up new branches and getting them running (sorry, I'm so proud of him, and had to brag him up a little), so I'm sure he has a good chance of being hired. Anyway, we will have to move 100 miles away, so THAT means, I will get to have NICE KITCHEN at the top of my list of requirements for a new place!! He bought this place, tiny kitchen and all, when he was still a bachelor, so he wasn't so concerned about it. Now, he even says if he's making enough I wouldn't even have to work unless I want to. I already do all the cooking and 3/4 of the housework, and I know he would like having me home for dinner instead of just making sure there are leftovers in the fridge... And I could go back to school and not have to juggle work and school... Anyway, I just wanted to tell someone, and since it's not a sure thing I don't want to go around telling all my friends and family and then not have it work out. Kind of like waiting til you're 3 months pregnant before you tell people lol. Don't want to have to go around breaking bad news to people. Thanks for listening lol

i will hold good thoughts that he will get the job. i love it when young people can move up. it is so hard for them now, just to get and keep a job. so. going to say congrats ahead of time. when will you know for sure?

It would be a few months before they actually need him, but I would think he would find out whether or not they want him quite a bit sooner than that. We would actually like to stay in our current city til the end of the summer because northern minnesota is where all the fun is at ha ha- the farther south you get the flatter the terrain is, so the rock climbing, disc golfing, skiing, hiking, camping, and stuff like that is all better up here. The lakes have more fish (except a couple), there is more wildlife because the forests are thicker... We would definitely be back to visit as much as possible. I have to help him get a resume and cover letter together. He knows how to get people to buy stuff they didn't know they wanted, and I know how to spell, use correct grammar, and put things in the proper format lol.

Congratulations in advance. If you have an opportunity to improve your own education grab it. Those chances don't come along every day. But you might want to take some little job just to be able to show that you were employed. It will look better on your resume even though you can say that you were in school. Wishing you and your SO the best.

joesfolk said:
Congratulations in advance. If you have an opportunity to improve your own education grab it. Those chances don't come along every day. But you might want to take some little job just to be able to show that you were employed. It will look better on your resume even though you can say that you were in school. Wishing you and your SO the best.

Good point Joe- I figured I would keep a part time job just so that I would feel more free to spend money on the things that I like to have, but keeping a current employment history is also a good idea, for sure

Good point Joe- I figured I would keep a part time job just so that I would feel more free to spend money on the things that I like to have, but keeping a current employment history is also a good idea, for sure

While I was in nursing school I worked as a cashier in pharmacies and video stores. Jobs I could do with my hands tied behind my back and had nothing to do with nursing (I pushed it a little in the pharmacy). It was just as refreshing as having the time off and resting. And it did give me the extra cash for little things, but also flexible enough I could get my studying done.

Back
Top Bottom