Sunday, 1/30/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
A pot of tomato sauce with meatballs, braciole and sausage. Rigatoni pasta, salad and garlic bread.

Toothache Food

Now that my toothache is in full swing, I have to prepare foods that won't require a lot of chewing.

I've decided to go ahead and make a quiche, but I'll have to make it soft so: Swiss cheese, spinach, cream cheese. I'll make up a recipe card as I go, starting now, so I won't forget the Nutmeg.

I wonder if I could use buttermilk instead of regular milk? Has anyone tried it?:chef:

Last edited:
I'm making Bean and Ham soup, with sides of fried dough and salad.

Think I'll be doing roast beef melts, veggies and dip, and possibly a soup. (French onion was requested. I've got a yoga class today so not much time to prep.

Smoke'n two 10# briskets flats for a banquet tonight. Just used a simple rub that I put on "piece by piece". Rub w/dales steak marinade/sauce(has lots of soy and worchest sauce), then k.salt, garlic pwdr, fine ground blk pepper, Tony C's cajun spice, then one more layer of blk pepper. Then on the smoker w/mesquite at 235-250.

If it isn't easy, I can't do it.:LOL:

Fried potatoes with green peppers, onions, garlic, kielbasa, and two perfectly poached eggs on top... YUM YUM breakfast for dinner!!!

Fried potatoes with green peppers, onions, garlic, kielbasa, and two perfectly poached eggs on top... YUM YUM breakfast for dinner!!!

Throw in some mushrooms and I'll be there before you skin the garlic.

Sounds good, Mimi! PIX! WE WANT PIX!!!;):)

aw, i wanna get over 2 the deli & get kielbossy. got plenty of eggs & potato here!

Kind of sliding into the day and have only decided that I'm going to cook our 4-pound chicken on the oven rotisserie. I'll shove some butter, garlic cloves and fresh rosemary under the skin of the breast and thighs and slather it with olive oil before it hits the oven.

Sides? Not sure. I'm going to let inspiration slap me sometime before dinner...I hope. Two-layer pineapple cake with boiled icing for dessert.

We went shopping yesterday and I ended up buying sushi for my self and Shrk bought a roasted beet salad for him self. So, today is fish tacos and lemon cake.

I've never tried it in quiche, but have in almost any other recipe requiring milk. I think it would be great.

Oh, dear, sometimes I think I'm responding right after someone has posted. I mean buttermilk.

Last edited:
Got up this morning meaning to make burgers for supper, but husband had expressed an interest in going to town for lunch, and burgers at our favorite "locals only" bar (most of the restaurants in town are tourist-oriented) is a favorite spot for a lunch, so I had intended on making potato leek soup later this week, and moved that to supper tonight.

I've never tried it in quiche, but have in almost any other recipe requiring milk. I think it would be great.

Oh, dear, sometimes I think I'm responding right after someone has posted. I mean buttermilk.

Thanks, Claire. it does sound good doesn't it. I don't have a lot left now, so I'll just use it in the Bisquick crust. I only need enough dough for my little casserole, so I can drink the rest. MMMMM love buttermilk.:chef:

Overcast and rainy here today. If it clears by 2:00 smoked chicken breast fillets. If it's still too wet to use the smoker, I'll butterfly the fillets and pan-fry. Parmesan and potato gratin.

Tomato bisque for lunch and alfredo pasta for dinner. Not bad this week.

Overcast and rainy here today. If it clears by 2:00 smoked chicken breast fillets. If it's still too wet to use the smoker, I'll butterfly the fillets and pan-fry. Parmesan and potato gratin.

Do you brine the chix? Do you wrap in bacon? You WILL smoke them and post pix, right!:mad: ;):LOL:

Do you brine the chix? Do you wrap in bacon? You WILL smoke them and post pix, right!:mad: ;):LOL:

No brine, or bacon. Just a little olive oil and my home-made "Texas XXX" rub slow smoked at 170 for 4 hours. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the recipe since it's a secret of the Republic. I did post a hint over here...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom