Winter Storm foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betterthanabox

Senior Cook
Did everyone get their milk, eggs and bread? We are awaiting the impact of what the weather channel is call a historic storm. I am not looking forward to this at all, but what are some of your favorite snowed in foods?

I hope that the weather isn't as bad as they are calling for: 6+ inches of sleet and ice :ohmy: in these parts!

I made a big pot of soup tonight and plan to have leftovers tomorrow. They are saying we could be without power. I sure hope not, what will I do without my kitchen gadgets, electronics, and coffee!

I went out and got a chicken to make soup with... have it roasting now.

I think we are mostly good one everything else, though we aren't supposed to get hammered.

Fortunately we are out of the way of this storm system, but I was just looking at http://bit.ly/c8kiOr (You might have to copy and paste the link. Red=Blizzard warning, Pink=Winter Storm warning.) and it looks like this one will be a doozy.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

:huh:Barbara
This link might work without copying and pasting: http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/png/US.png

Last edited:
We're getting a storm?
Hmmm, bread I can bake... and the chicken are laying again... I may need to get a cow... or better yet, a steer! If it comes between milk or beef, the beef's gotta take priority.

We are actually out of town in the middle of nowhere, kids are on vacation from school. Because we keep kosher and cannot eat out we had to pack enough food for 4-5 days, lenght of our trip. What fun, we are snowed in in this hotel, but we have everything we need and having fun.

We have the cold here in Colorado, but not much snow expected with it. It is 3 degrees right now, and the high tomorrow is going to be 2. It will be getting down below zero tonight. Burrr...:shock:.

Any kind of soup, and any kind of home made bread!:chef:

It snowed 2 inches yesterday while I was in the grocery store for 30 minutes...today was cold, but no more snow.

I had to smuggle in the new tea pot set I bought. Shrek hasn't noticed it, yet.

It snowed about 6" here overnight.
And me... down to 2 lbs of bacon and 1-1/2 lbs of butter :shock:

It's pretty chilly here in the Philippines, too....tonight it's almost 60 degrees! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I hope y'all are okay....my folks live in the Southern US and they were happy to get a white Christmas, but they're ready for the snow to leave now. :LOL:

Seems like perfect chili & cornbread weather to me!

We woke up to about 3 and a half, the real storm is supposed to start between 12 and 6 tonight. That's when we are to get the ice (wa wa wahhhhh...) I am sitting here with my coffee trying to think about what to blog about today and hoping my hubby gets out of work before the storm starts.

Greetings from Aruba!

I truly feel sorry for you guys and my family and friends in MA. However, storm foods for us will be another drink with an umbrella in it served poolside and perhaps a Caribbean lobster tail for dinner.

I may have to put on a T-Shirt if it gets too breezy tonight.

It snowed 2 inches yesterday while I was in the grocery store for 30 minutes...today was cold, but no more snow.

I had to smuggle in the new tea pot set I bought. Shrek hasn't noticed it, yet.
:LOL:

Not much snow here. Lots of wind, and it is 16 degrees below zero right now. Burrr...:shock:!

Nice to hear of another tea drinker. I just love tea pots, tea sets, tea-for-one-sets...

chopper said:
:LOL:

Not much snow here. Lots of wind, and it is 16 degrees below zero right now. Burrr...:shock:!

Nice to hear of another tea drinker. I just love tea pots, tea sets, tea-for-one-sets...

I love tea, but I usually just heat water in a normal pan and pour it in my glass lol. Nothing fancy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom