Family Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
My brother in law has asked my sister and me to make a cook book (not big) of family recipes and dishes that can be prepared by beginner cooks (like a man who hasn't cooked before, or our sons, etc). We don't want recipes with a lot of ingredients, but simple but good tasting dishes.
If you have an idea or a simple recipe, we would love to include some in this book. It won't be sold, but distributed to younger members of our family who don't usually cook but would like to learn.

my simplistic recipe is 2 crockpot meats w/ veggies. pre-cook 2 your preference

My single son (24) likes spaghetti really well, but doesn't want it out of a jar. He uses Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning that we get at Sams. Directions on the package, but sometimes he uses tom. paste instead of tom. sauce, and also adds some sugar. He makes his pizza sauce with it too, and sauce for lasazna, or any other itatian sauces. He also buys itialian breaded chicken and dresses it up with sauce and cheeeses and serves it with spaghetti and garlic bread (good enough for a date)! Having only had boys, I spent a lot of time teaching batchlor food ideas when they were young.

My single son (24) likes spaghetti really well, but doesn't want it out of a jar. He uses Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning that we get at Sams. Directions on the package, but sometimes he uses tom. paste instead of tom. sauce, and also adds some sugar. He makes his pizza sauce with it too, and sauce for lasazna, or any other itatian sauces. He also buys itialian breaded chicken and dresses it up with sauce and cheeeses and serves it with spaghetti and garlic bread (good enough for a date)! Having only had boys, I spent a lot of time teaching batchlor food ideas when they were young.
One of our favorite dishes is Italian chicken much like you describe.

One of our favorite dishes is Italian chicken much like you describe.
Sometimes the simple things are the best, especially when you don't have much time, or you like fast results.

I just realized that what I have in the crockpot now would be great for this thread too! Here it is;

Barbeque Pork on Buns

2 pound boneless pork loin

1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
8 sandwich buns
Combine all ingredients except buns in a 4-quart slow-cooker; cook, covered, on high for 5-6 hours, until very tender. Drain and slice or shred pork; serve on buns with additional barbecue sauce, if desidered.
Serves 8
Tip: Pork can be made 1-2 days ahead; refrigerate covered and reheat before serving.

Thanks, chopper, that sounds good - easy and not many ingredients. We don't want to overload these boys too early.

I saw something in this forum last month where they took peanut butter, and spread it on crackers, and dipped them in chocolate. I tried it with Ritz, Jiffy, and dark chocolate, and it was a hit. So easy.

Also, at Christmas time I take the small pretzils and put a rolo on each one. Pop them into the microwave to melt a bit, and put a pecan on each one when they come out. Instant turtle candy. Again, easy and good.

thin crust pizza dough!
it's fast, super easy, needs only flour, water, salt, yeast and sugar..and pushes people to try home made pizza!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom