Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone, my name is Nikki! :chef: While cooking I have googled a question--usually when I realize I'm missing a key ingredient or don't know what to make with the ingredients on hand, and several times I came across this site. So I decided to stop lurking and join!

I'm 25 and love to cook but just recently graduating and starting my career, I don't get to as much as I'd like. As cheesy as it sounds, it really is an expression of love to me and it's something I plan to make for time for. :wub: I like to cook from scratch as much as possible.

My foodie interests include reading and trying recipes from depression era cookbooks (I find good ones for free via kindle and the gutenberg project), southern soul food cuisine, caribbean cuisine, east African (tanzania in particular) cuisine, and spicy food in general. I recently got a grill so I've been a grilling fool' as of late and am just now getting into technique. I like to bake (mostly desserts) but have had marginal success so that is definitely an area where I'm hoping to grow. My first job out of school doesn't pay a whole lot so I tend to get inexpensive ingredients and try to find creative recipes. I also like to make my own stock and other $$ saving, flavor enhancing techniques.

I look forward to chatting more soon!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom