The Fat Duck Bray UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
I read a very interesting article about Heston Blumenthal in the only daily newspaper worth reading the Guardian, here are some of the salient points,

HB has reduced the number of covers to 42, to keep standards high

A 2 cover table produces an annual revenue of £250,000 or $388,000.

The Fat Duck has a computer that records the number of missed calls, on an average day the reception answers 400 calls with 24,000 missed calls.

The biggest number of missed calls in a day was 32,000.

In his new London Restaurant "Dinners" the dining room cost $10mil the Kitchen cost $2.35 mil

HB has never shouted at any of his kitchen staff, anyone that shouts at another employee is subject to a disiplinary hearing.

What do you think of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love all his tv stuff. I have never quite decided whether he is a genius or completely insane. Probably the perfect mix of both.

Leanne, hesser and I have a few similarites, we both have Adht, he's a genius and I'm insane:)

Ps where are you from in the UK.

Leanne, hesser and I have a few similarites, we both have Adht, he's a genius and I'm insane:)

Ps where are you from in the UK.

LOL: I am just insane without the excuse of Adht.

I am in Milton Keynes. The city of roundabouts and concrete cows.

It seems like an business that realizes that there is no need for rude behaviour. It sounds like they need to make another restaurant though.

It seems like an business that realizes that there is no need for rude behaviour. It sounds like they need to make another restaurant though.

Yes, he is a gentleman.
He does have other restaurants around England. All of which are very difficult to get a booking for and all run to the same high standard.
I like his style but his food is not meant to be for everyday consumption. It is highly stylized and very intricate.

Back
Top Bottom