Using up bleu cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to mix some bleu cheese with ranch dressing to make a rich bleu cheese dressing. Excellent for salad or as a delicious dipping sauce.

I use both as a cheese on hamburgers, an crumbled into a fritata. It seems to play well with Swiss.

I love to take 2 thin hamburg patties put a big pcs of the cheese in the middle of one and put the hamburg on top seal the edges good. and grill or pan fry . yum yum

Make a buffalo chicken pizza , cut up chicken, pizza crust buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese.

I have also put in freezer and froze it with good results.

I'll have to try with Swiss. Any special application of both?:chef:

Vegetable and cheese stuffed, baked portabella mushroom caps make a nice meatless main protein. (saute the vegetables first, place in the bottom of a large cap, top with a mix of Swiss and bleu cheese.) Bake at 350F for about 3 minutes and then under a broiler set to low for about 3 more minutes, or just long enough to bring the Swiss cheese to a nice brown crust.

Danish Green Beans with Walnut Vinaigrette (recipe from Karen Berg Douglas--Scandinavian Smorgasbord recipes)

1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c chicken broth
1 T olive oil
1 T balsamic or red wine vinegar
1/3 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
2-1/2 c green beans, blanched and chilled
4 oz. bleu cheese, broken in chunks
ground black pepper
1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated

Combine the first five ingredients to make the vinaigrette. Pour over beans, add cheese and toss lightly. Add pepper to taste. Cover and refridgerate for at least an hour. Removefrom fridge about 1/2 hour before serving. Plate on the lettuce leaves.

I have used frozen green beans. I have also served it warm as a vegetable.

Save me a few of those cmarchibald. No one should have to drink those alone :)

I like to mix bleu cheese into my mashed potatoes.

I made a salad the other day with figs drizzled with honey, Roquefort and a sherry vinaigrette over greens.

Tasty I say.

We have a recipe from an old BA magazine for "Blackened Steak Salad" which uses blue cheese as one of the ingredents. It calls for tenderloin, but we usually use rib-eyes.
Craig

Blue cheese dip,yummy
Mix 1 cuo crumbled maytag 1 cup sour cream 1/4 lb. cream cheese 1-1/2 tea lemon zest 1 tab. lemon juice salt and pepper and 2 cloves minced garlic.Pulse all ingredients transfer to bowl then sprinkle top with about 1/4 cup of blue cheese and mix with a fork mashing a little Cover and refrigerate about and a hour then set out to come to room temp for extra flavor about 30 min serve wirthred , yellow bell srips, radishes, grape tomatoes zuchinni,cucumbers aor an assortment of chips
enjoy
kadesma

Blue cheese dip,yummy
Mix 1 cuo crumbled maytag 1 cup sour cream 1/4 lb. cream cheese 1-1/2 tea lemon zest 1 tab. lemon juice salt and pepper and 2 cloves minced garlic.Pulse all ingredients transfer to bowl then sprinkle top with about 1/4 cup of blue cheese and mix with a fork mashing a little Cover and refrigerate about and a hour then set out to come to room temp for extra flavor about 30 min serve wirthred , yellow bell srips, radishes, grape tomatoes zuchinni,cucumbers aor an assortment of chips
enjoy
kadesma

Hi Kadesma, welcome home! What is maytag?:chef:

Take a pita, or some phylo if you have it, peel, core and slice a pear. Spread the slices over the pita, crumble the blue cheese over the pears and bake in your oven until it is warmed through, cheese melted and starts to get a bit crispy. Try it with some red wine.

Back
Top Bottom