Greek Yogurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dave, Janet, Fiona, everyone!

I have a brand new favourite snack of all time!

I took 500 grams of the Greek yoghurt and added whole blackberries and blueberries plus 1 teaspoon of blue agave syrup. I put it in the ice cream machine and let it go for 25 minutes. While it was still soft enough to stir, I swirled a couple of tablespoons of seedless no sugar added strawberry raspberry jam, put it in one of my ice cream containers (square litre sour cream containers that are perfect for this) and froze it for about 2 hours.

This is healthy and absolutely decadent at the same time. The consistency of the Greek style yoghurt is perfect for freezing.

Once again Janet, thanks!

I am still working on other ideas you have all so nicely provided and will report back.

This sounds awesome,I will definately have to try it.

Josie:)

Sounds great! I'm going to have to get that maker out and the drum in the freezer!

You could replace the agave with some sugar, honey or maple syrup. We are really trying to stick to sugar alternatives here and I like Stevia and Agave very much.

Sounds wonderful. I used to dump vanilla yogurt in an icecream maker when my son was a toddler. he like his with toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top. -i don't think he had real icecream until he could buy his own ;)

Glad it worked out

Dave, Janet, Fiona, everyone!

I have a brand new favourite snack of all time!

I took 500 grams of the Greek yoghurt and added whole blackberries and blueberries plus 1 teaspoon of blue agave syrup. I put it in the ice cream machine and let it go for 25 minutes. While it was still soft enough to stir, I swirled a couple of tablespoons of seedless no sugar added strawberry raspberry jam, put it in one of my ice cream containers (square litre sour cream containers that are perfect for this) and froze it for about 2 hours.

This is healthy and absolutely decadent at the same time. The consistency of the Greek style yoghurt is perfect for freezing.

Once again Janet, thanks!

I am still working on other ideas you have all so nicely provided and will report back.

That sounds fantastic.

I have been eating Greek yogurt a lot in my lunch of late. Basically, fill a 4 ounce cup with the yogurt and add a spoon of sweetener. Walnuts in honey, lemon curd, etc. Your idea, I think, sounds much better, but I do enjoy the yogurt for my lunch dessert. :)

If you are in the mood for fish it makes a tasty tartar sauce with lemon juice, minced red onion, capers and some pepper.
From what I've garnered watching the fitness channel... isn't that an oxymoron?, lol... you can substitute it anywhere you would use mayonnaise to cut calories.
We're on the same page pecanis.

I just made healthy delicious Tartar Sauce using:

2/3 C Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Light Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish with it's juice
(OR ...3 Tbsp small-diced pickles or cornichons
........1 Tbsp Champagne or white wine vinegar)
1 tsp coarse-grained mustard or any dark mustard
1 Tbsp capers (optional but they are packed with nutrition)

Last edited:

2/3 C Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Light Mayonnaise
A keeper MA I try to watch sugars and carbs as much as I can. This looks perfect to go on Halibut, and Cod or even Petrale sole.
Thanks
kades

A keeper MA I try to watch sugars and carbs as much as I can. This looks perfect to go on Halibut, and Cod or even Petrale sole.
Thanks
kades
If you are watching your carbs, don't use the sweet pickle relish, use one with no sugar or just mince some dill pickles.

When I have extra thick Greek yogurt or labne I make Irish soda bread and Indian food (curries, yogurt rice, raita)

2/3 C Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Light Mayonnaise

That sounds great, thanks for sharing Molly :)

Back
Top Bottom