Monday Meal 2-21-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I was looking to drool over everyone's menus for supper tonight since I'm just having left overs and couldn't believe no one had started the discussion today! I cooked breakfast for lunch, cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon and mayonnaise rolls.

My Nutrition Class is tonight and I've been nauseous most of the day. Shrek is out playing...I had some chicken noodle soup, homemade!

Salisbury steaks simmered in burgundy wine, fresh mushroom and onion pan gravy, corn, steamed Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.

img_971758_0_aa42211a5e58de485d8f8fe5c6c088ca.jpg

I don't know what's for dinner yet... and I'm gettin' hungry! :wacko:
I'll probably make some kind of fast food.

Leftover Chinese Take our from the weekend. I was off today so I did the last of the painting in the family room and finished up the project. I got it all done but I lost track of time and forgot to put the chicken in the oven to roast.

Something with chicken. I forgot to take it out of the freezer, so it is thawing in the microwave as we speak! Maybe will grill it and use barbeque sauce. It is not too windy right now, and still in the 40s so I may be able to pull that off. Maybe roasted potatoes and green beans. Simple but good.

We pulled all the leftovers out of the fridge and put them on the dining table. Then we took a small portion of whatever appealed and nuked it.

I had kale soup with pork, stew, and mousakka. DH had kale soup, mousakka, and pied pot. He had larger servings than I did.

I got some nice fresh hot dog buns so Dad and I will have hot dogs while we watch the Canadian Ladies' Curling Championships. It is shlushing (combo of snow and rain common to these parts) out and threatening to be snow so I didn't get out to do the shopping I wanted.

We pulled all the leftovers out of the fridge and put them on the dining table. Then we took a small portion of whatever appealed and nuked it.

I had kale soup with pork, stew, and mousakka. DH had kale soup, mousakka, and pied pot. He had larger servings than I did.
We call this a yo yo night. Stands for your on your own!

I roasted a turkey breast and made a mini Thanksgiving dinner tonight

Attachments

• dinner02212011-1.jpg
    dinner02212011-1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 166
  • dinner02212011-2.jpg
    dinner02212011-2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 160
My "fast food" will be to nuke a portion of the pimento cheese quiche. It reheats well.:chef:

My fast food was leaning towards a box of garlic and herb pasta roni and a can of chopped clams, but I ended up making some chilaquiles rojo out of some smoked pork I had in the freezer and leftover sauce. Plus I knew spicy would do a better job of filling me up :angel:
Good to know quiche reheats well. I've been meaning to try making it sometime.

That reminds me, I've got a turkey breast and thigh buried in my freezer somewhere. A little mini Thanksgiving in the very near future sounds nice. Great inspiration in your pictures, Mama :clap:

I needed to do something with a handful of this and a handful of that. I made some fried rice with ham and pineapple. (This used up the ham that was just too tasty to let go bad.) I also made some baked pork egg rolls.

For dessert, cherry pie...in honor of President's Day! Okay, the cherry pie is mine, but I used a pre-made crust and frozen cherries. :D But I totally made those cherry shapes all by myself. :LOL:

Attachments

• Cherry Pie.jpg
    Cherry Pie.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 161
  • egg rolls.jpg
    egg rolls.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Hawaiian Fried Rice.jpg
    Hawaiian Fried Rice.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 167
Nice dinner Kathleen! I'd love a slice of that pie!

That reminds me, I've got a turkey breast and thigh buried in my freezer somewhere. A little mini Thanksgiving in the very near future sounds nice. Great inspiration in your pictures, Mama :clap:

Thanks pacanis! It really hit the spot and I won't have to cook dinner for a day or 2 :LOL:

I think I'm going to make some multi-grain bread for Thanksgiving sandwiches tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom