Wednesday 2/23/11 What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Finally, I'm roasting my turkey today, as soon as I can get my stuffing made. It will be as big a batch of stuffing as I can make.

I'll use the new roasting pan to mix it in then stuff the bird, fill my casserole, then hopefully have enough to freeze to go with leftovers.

I really missed having turkey in the freezer. So many leftover dishes I like to make.:chef:

What are you cooking today?

I'm thinking of putting together a pot of chili. It's turned cold here and I've been craving some. Will make the mayonnaise rolls and have sour cream, cheddar cheese and Fritos with the soup.

Jabbur that sounds great. Ham was on sale this week so I am thinking of doing something with a ham steak. Maybe a grilled teriaki ham steak with stir fried veggies. Or maybe not, we'll see.

Good idea! We are having leftover pot roast and a baguette will taste really good with it.

Fried chicken, mashies, and sauteed greens from the garden, and will probably make gravy too from pan drippings since Craig likes gravy with his mashies. Cholesterol and fat heaven! :rolleyes:

Karen

For dinner I'm thinking of tossing a portobello on the grill, topped with EVOO, garlic and a large amount of cheese :) Along with some sautéed broccoli.

Kind of "bare bones" tacos. :LOL: I don't have any sour cream, guacamole, or tomatoes, so they will pretty much just be ground beef, onions, cheese, lettuce, and salsa. Still good though!!!

:)Barbara

I made a cock-pot meal of boneless pork ribs cut into 1" cubes, sliced carrots, chunked green/red/yellow/and orange peppers, pineapple chunks, and BBQ sauce. I'll be serving it over rice.

have left over ingredients for chili size. so that's it. gonna rub some ribs before bed time for tomorrow's dinner. got three pounds for less that six dollars. love a bargain.

A friend and I are planning to go to a Japanese tavern for a late night meal and some beer. I'm craving for some grilled squid and some bacon wrapped asparagus among other items.....and a pitcher of Kirin.

DH has class tonight and I suddenly got very hungry this evening and didn't want to wait to actually cook something, so I opened a can of black beans, drained them, dumped some on a couple flour tortillas, topped with cheddar, warmed in the microwave and then added salsa verde and some greek yogurt. Was actually exactly what I was in the mood for and the little one devoured hers as well! But that was only 2 hours ago and now I'm hungry again. Curse this being-hungry-all-the-time part of pregnancy!

My eating mood ended up swinging towards pasta, so instead of grilling my portobello cap, I sliced it and combined it with caramelized onions and goat cheese. I still have a porto left for grilling tomorrow... or not ;)

Attachments

• penne dinner.jpg
    penne dinner.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 234
It took me all day, and me waddling around in my new "balance" sandals. You were right about that, PF.

I roasted a 12.34# turkey, giblets, little red potatoes, muffin tin Mushroom Gratins, a wonderful gravy using a lot of the giblet broth, and stuffing.

At first, all I had the energy for was a warm turkey breast sandwich on 12 grain bread. Later on I got myself a little plate of stuffing with some gravy, added one little red potato, smushed, with butter and gravy.

I've even got everything in the fridge. A sink full of dishes (stove top too.) If I don't get those done tonight, no biggie. I don't mind doing dishes and will clean them while heating my coffee water.

Back
Top Bottom