About Red Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetface2u1

Assistant Cook
:chef:Greetings From Philly> & TGIF Everybody...
Now I've Been To A Multitude Of Restaurants Over The Years. From The Posh Ones To My Local Neighborhood Places.
Red Lobster Is My Favorite Hands Down.... However Lately I've Been Trying To Create Some Of The Things On The Menu....
With Pretty Good Results... Except Crab meat Stuffing & Thoes Chedder
Bay biscuts.. Mmmmm Good Anyway I Don't Want To Mimic Them Identically Just Be Able To Make Them and
They Come Out Good Im No Baker I Admit... But I'd Love To Be Able Make biscuts From Scratch, and A Flavorful Crabcake... If Anyone Has Experience With These Foods I Would Welcome Your Advice & Your Help
Jewels:chef:

Hmm...maybe we should have a copy-cat recipe section here. That might be fun.

Welcome to DC! I used to bartend for a restaurant in Atlanta and had a dozen favorite dishes there. I've been trying to copy-cat them (mixed results) for years. I love the idea of a copy-cat forum.

I'm all for "copy catting" too! Google Todd Wilbur - he is famous for recreating famous recipies. There are several versions of RL's Cheddar Bay Biscuits floating 'round the world wide web. Since I can barely bake cookies from pre-made dough, I know that I will NEVER try to bake those biscuits myself, but...a quick "FYI"...you can get 12 of those lovelies to go from RL for a mere $2.99. Just a phone call away! No muss, no fuss - just a dozen wonderful buns for 3 bucks! *PS- my option also has ZERO "clean-up" afterwards too* LOL :)

CWS4322 U. R. The Best... I've Finally Have The Red lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe.. Thanks Now All I Need Is Do A Search For The Crab Cakes. & Oh Great Now The Commercial Just Came On Lol :~)

Jewels(*_*) P.S Thanks Everyone 4Your Help & Responses

Last edited:
I'm all for "copy catting" too! Google Todd Wilbur - he is famous for recreating famous recipies. There are several versions of RL's Cheddar Bay Biscuits floating 'round the world wide web. Since I can barely bake cookies from pre-made dough, I know that I will NEVER try to bake those biscuits myself, but...a quick "FYI"...you can get 12 of those lovelies to go from RL for a mere $2.99. Just a phone call away! No muss, no fuss - just a dozen wonderful buns for 3 bucks! *PS- my option also has ZERO "clean-up" afterwards too* LOL :)

You Are Right About That!.. OMG'sh (Mouth Watering)
Going to find my husband he's goin on a biscuit run... Lol

Thank's but we prefer Cleora Butlers crab cakes and biscuits to Red Lobster's factory food..

Red Lobster isn't factory food... far from it. Yes, it's a chain, but, in my opinion, it's also a quality restaurant with chefs who know how to handle seafood.

Dixie Cafe is an example of factory food, where all entrees come out of a central kitchen in Oklahoma and shipped frozen to it's stores for reheating. - THAT'S FACTORY.

Red Lobster isn't factory food... far from it. Yes, it's a chain, but, in my opinion, it's also a quality restaurant with chefs who know how to handle seafood.

Dixie Cafe is an example of factory food, where all entrees come out of a central kitchen in Oklahoma and shipped frozen to it's stores for reheating. - THAT'S FACTORY.
Thanks for the opinion. Perhaps the 'chefs' from Long Island's Freeport to Montauk aren't as accomplished as the one's in your area.

I really don't care what most middle to low end seafood places do for crabmeat stuffing. The ratio of crab to bread crumb or other ingredients is generally low. I find that this recipe works very well when good, back fin, lump crab meat is subed for the lobster. Some adjustments in directions are needed and besides the lobster, the cheese is not used. Once the garlic step has been completed, remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Now you have a great crab stuffing, that actually has a lot of crab.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/lobster-diablo-70320.html

Craig

Red Lobster

I used to love this restaurant. I never go now. The quality (at least in Michigan) is very low. Florida Red Lobsters were always higher quality and good service. The pies come from a food service company, here. And, chowder is not the same recipe as the Fla restaurants. I found that with Cracker Barrell as well. In the south, I will eat the vegetables and breads, and soups. In Michigan, they are terrible. I would rather not eat. The service in the north is not like it is in the south. That has been my experience. If you go to Red Lobster in Michigan and inquire the origin of the fish. They have no clue. Fla. served local fish a nd knew where it came from. I wont eat fish if I don't know where it came from.

Last edited:
I used to love this restaurant. I never go now. The quality (at least in Michigan) is very low. Florida Red Lobsters were always higher quality and good service. The pies come from a food service company, here. And, chowder is not the same recipe as the Fla restaurants. I found that with Cracker Barrell as well. In the south, I will eat the vegetables and breads, and soups. In Michigan, they are terrible. I would rather not eat. The service in the north is not like it is in the south. That has been my experience.

Must be a long time since you've been in Florida, the food at Red Lobsters is mediocre at best, the same can be said for Olive Gardens... But this is just my opinion...

No Red Lobsters around here.

Sadly we just started getting Olive Gardens and they are gross.

Regarding the biscuits they are said to be very fattening but tasty. I know there are a lot of recipes for them on the Internet.

Red Lobster

Must be a long time since you've been in Florida, the food at Red Lobsters is mediocre at best, the same can be said for Olive Gardens... But this is just my opinion...
Actually, I travel to Fla every month or so. The restaurants on Gulf side are still very good. (Red Lobster). But, I have found them to be quite mediocre on Atlantic side and south Fla. Clearwater, Sarasota, Tampa- they seem to be maintaining good quality. Olive Garden is pretty bad. Breadsticks are the only thing they have going for them. ha ha
It's not real Italian. Its worse than what Taco Bell is as Mexican food.

Actually, I travel to Fla every month or so. The restaurants on Gulf side are still very good. (Red Lobster). But, I have found them to be quite mediocre on Atlantic side and south Fla. Clearwater, Sarasota, Tampa- they seem to be maintaining good quality. Olive Garden is pretty bad. Breadsticks are the only thing they have going for them. ha ha
It's not real Italian. Its worse than what Taco Bell is as Mexican food.

LAJ you have your sides mixed up, Clearwater, Sarasota, and Tampa are on the Gulf side, and I live in Sarasota and can't vouch for any Red Lobsters here... ;):)

Sadly we just started getting Olive Gardens and they are gross.

Right now, the only Italian style chain that we find half way decent in most of their menu items is Carrabba's. The only upscale regional (Abruzzo) Italian place is gone. Food was excellent, service top shelf, but you couldn't get out of there for less than $100.00 for 2, excluding wine. Average for us was around $200.00, although we had gone over $400.00 with daughter and boyfriend or guests a couple times.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom