Robin Miller's "Quick Fix Meals" vs. Rachel Ray's "Week in a Day"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamoehope

Assistant Cook
I've seen "Quick Fix Meals" and what I like about it and the Food Network website about it is that Robin Miller's, shows how to do the recipes, how to prep for the other recipes on following days, and what order to do the recipes or parts of the recipes. Likewise the website on the show explains these same steps.

I haven't seen "Week in a Day" yet and though I don't get the Cooking Channel I noticed that it's now on Food Network too. Is Rachel Ray's show similar to Robin Miller's with all the information on how to make more than one meal at once?

Which show do you like better? Or are they similar?

No ideas? I'll eventually get around to watching one of the Rachel Ray shows, I was just wondering what you all thought.

I won't see Rachels show. She is one of those that I have grown tired of.

Craig

I've watched it. But I just don't like some of the meals she cooks. I sit around and wait for her to talk about what she's cooking for that day and I don't get any farther than that! I normally delete the show :)

I still haven't seen RR's new show.

I usually don't watch too much of Robin's show, since she makes a lot of dishes I don't really care about, but her plan ahead thinking reminds me to keep my mind open to ideas for planned leftovers.

For years, I'd make something and then keep eating the leftovers as is. Now I plan for morphing my recipes into something else. Some of the second and even third round recipes have become keepers too.

That's why I like Robin Miller's show. She gives recipes and/or meal plans that become multiple recipes for multiple days. She's the only time management cook I've seen so far.

I was just wondering if Rachel Ray's show was like that.

I saw Rachel's show. The difference I saw was that not all of the meals were intended to be morphed into other meals and she didn't talk about combining prep time for meals like Robin Miller does. So I think I still like Robin Miller's show better.

Back
Top Bottom