What’s with the lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Have you notice that all food processors on Food TV have different lids than the ones sold in the store. The ones sold in the store have this ridicules safety driven top with million ways to prevent idiots from sticking their fingers inside to be chopped off. The ones you see on TV have just a simple lid, one click, boom done, none of that nonsense. Do they get them specially? Can we get them?

My Cuisinart came with two lids. There is the complex lid with a feed tube and pusher and there is the simple lid with no feed tube.

My KA has a food pusher lid with interlock but it really is about as easy a lid to put on and take off it doesn't bother me at all.

Two lids with my Cuisinart, also. That feeder tube lid is a mastery of engineering... :ermm:

It sure is, but you only need it when you great something. When it is simple chopping with the plane old blade, all you need is to cover the main container. And Andy you are right it is not that big of a deal to use it, but still, I'd rather have what the profeccionals have.

Yeah, that thing is such a pain in the butt that unless I am grating a lot of cheese or shredding a lot of cabbage I never use it. It's even tough to take apart for cleaning.

I thought they all came with two lids. I've only had two in my lifetime and 2 lids.

I use the simple one 99% of the time.

pros usually use a robocoup..much simpler design, much more basic usage. It will blend and do a dough crust, but as pros use their knives to accurately chop and slice, all those features are missing.

I have a Robot Coupe at home ( R2n ) the process bowl has a simple lid with a opening in the centre for ingredients , I bought a rubber bung to stop the small amount of splatter from it. the bowl and lid have interlocks ,I usually have the machine in the on position and work the lid to pulse on and off. It has a separate veg / grater flow-though top. My KA fell to pieces.

The simple Cusinart lid is called a "compact cover" You should be able to buy one at a culinary parts web site.

Back
Top Bottom