Kitchen Aid or Cuisinart Food Processor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teritaylor2006

Assistant Cook
I've owned about 3 Cuisinart food processors in the last 22 years. I wear out the bowls, and the plastic starts to crack or break. Has anyone found the KA one to last longer than the Cuisinart? Other than that I have loved the Cuisinart.

I'm still using an old (like 40 years old) belt drive GE. It won't break! I'd love to get one of the new fancy ones, but alas, I think it will outlive me:chef:

I have a Cuisinart and just love it. I've had it for over 10 years and it has held up great.

:flowers:Welcome to DC.

MY first Cuisinart FP, 14 cup lasted 22 years. I replaced the bowl and top once. When the motor died I gave it a decent burial, and bought another 14 cup. All my disk fit so I was happy. I kneed all my bread with it.

Josie

IMHO the Cuisinart is MUCH better. I've used both, but find the Cuisinart much stronger, heavier, and generally of better quality. I bought an older Cuisinart at a garage sale -- the really large size. Bought all the blades and used it for several years. Then when downsizing and moving, gave the whole works to a friend who was delighted. After moving, I bought the smaller size and have used it for everything from slicing to bread and pie dough, pesto, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom