Looking for new cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popeye59

Assistant Cook
Kind of a long story but because my wife moved to our house in Texas (to be with the kids and grandkids more than to be away from me), I told her to take everything she would need so as to save her some money. Told her I would make do with whatever was left and piece together whatever else I might need. We have/had a nice Wearever annodized skillet and figured Wearever was probably a decent brand. I saw a set of their "Professional" nonstick cookware on sale and bought it. What a bunch of crap. Super lightweight and they heat fast, but other than that, they are garbage. I am not really much of a cook but do know kinda what to do in the kitchen. I can not justify getting a set of All Clad, that's for sure. I did see a a 10 piece set of Better Homes and Garden S/S cookware for like $179.00. Not sure if I should go S/S or look at hard annodized. Is BH&G cookware worth buying, or am I gonna regret that and want to toss them too? Gotta look at getting a set of knives too.

Tramontina makes good quality pots and pans at reasonable prices. Even their clad items are pretty affordable.

I'm pretty sure the BHG is made in Brazil by Tramontina but I'm not 100% on that, more like 60%. Looks well made if you're talking about the stuff in Walmart.

Tramontina makes good quality pots and pans at reasonable prices. Even their clad items are pretty affordable.

I'm pretty sure the BHG is made in Brazil by Tramontina but I'm not 100% on that, more like 60%. Looks well made if you're talking about the stuff in Walmart.

I like Tramontina's older SS pans. I watch for them on EBay. I have had Le Crueset for over 25 years. LOVE IT. However, my mother bought my "starter set" for me and paid $149 for it, and bought me some extra pieces. Le Crueset is expensive, but it is something your kids could use for their entire lifetimes as well.

Yes I was in Walmart when I saw the BH&G cookware, and the kids can get their own cookware :LOL:

I mis-spoke. The set I bought wasn't Wearever, it was Faberware. That stuff junk. Still looking and trying to make up my mind. I always over think and over analyze things.

Thymeless is correct. BH&G is made by Tramontina for Walmart.

You can't beat the price for tri-ply. Tramontina is a good choice. I'd go for it.

If you have a K-mart or Sears near by check out the Kenmore SS cookware. It seems pretty nice and appears to have a good heavy bottom. You can get a set or just the individual pieces.

Popeye--what kind of cookware is available at the Base? I do like the
Tramatino SS pans I have. Didn't know Walmart carried SS pans made by Tramatino. I'll have to check those out next time I go to the City.

Go to your favorite restaurant and look in the kitchen. Then save your money! I use old revere copper bottomed stainless steel picked up at garage sales and thrift stores.

Go to your favorite restaurant and look in the kitchen. Then save your money! I use old revere copper bottomed stainless steel picked up at garage sales and thrift stores.

I used to have an old, Revereware, copper bottomed pot that was great. I don't remember where it came from or where it is now. Maybe it was the ex's and he kept it. The newer Reverware doesn't look nearly as good.

The NEX has Cuisinart Chef Classic sets, Calphalon S/S and anodized sets as well as signature sets by Emeril, Paula Dean and Rachel Ray.

I ended up ordering the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro S/S 12 piece cookware set through Amazon.

Remember, the quality of product remains long after the price is forgotten

Just hope my wife doesn't want to take them back to Texas when she comes up to visit in June.

Back
Top Bottom