Shrove Tuesday national pancake day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Today is the glorious pancake day, we will have pancake tossing races across the UK, I will enter the mixed 3 legged doubles's race, you stand next to your partner with the inside legs tied together and hop and toss at the same time.

My fav pancake is the apple latke, make up a crepe batter and add lots of grated apple and cinnamon. What is your favorite pancake, spam is not allowed:LOL:

I guess my favourite pancakes are buckwheat crepes. Those wouldn't be good for "White Tuesday", as they call it in Denmark. White, because for that day, they used white flour instead of rye flour. They also call it pancake Tuesday.

Tax, Do you have the races ? we have a beautiful Danish aupair next door who is home sick, should I nip around with my rope?

National Pancake Day? That's a new take on Mardi Gras/Fasching/Carnival! Don't tell my husband about it. His favorite is blintzes. I, however, have a $50 gift certificate from one of my favorite restauranteurs, and it will be pizza for three tonight.

Definitely crepes, although I don't believe they would hold up very well after a day of tossing and abuse! :LOL:

Tax, Do you have the races ? we have a beautiful Danish aupair next door who is home sick, should I nip around with my rope?

I have no idea if they have the races, but I expect I would have heard about them if they did. I don't know much about "White Tuesday", other than what I have read. I was raised Unitarian, so never got much involved in left over Catholic celebrations.

I've been wanting to make real Russian Bliny, they could be called pancakes too, but I just have no time , so busy at work it is crazy. I love pancakes.

When I remember to prepare ahead of time I really like sour dough pancakes.

But I have to remember to do a discard and get the batter ready the night before. It helps if the discard is after a couple of feedings and not straight out of the fridge.

Otherwise a buttermilk pancake is pretty good too.

I've been wanting to make real Russian Bliny, they could be called pancakes too, but I just have no time , so busy at work it is crazy. I love pancakes.
Blini's are good, my wife makes me this if I am good.
Palacinka Torta sa Sirom.
Prep
Make 20 crepes
In a bowl beat cream cheese with egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and zest and a little thin yogurt till fluffy.
Place your first crepe in a buttered baking tin and spread with the gloop, repeat this till you finish your stack about 6 inches high, the last crepe should be naked. Mix a bit more yogurt with the gloop you have left till it like single cream and pour over your stack, bake in a medium oven till heated through, cool and cut like a cake.:)

Blini's are good, my wife makes me this if I am good.
Palacinka Torta sa Sirom.
Prep
Make 20 crepes
In a bowl beat cream cheese with egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and zest and a little thin yogurt till fluffy.
Place your first crepe in a buttered baking tin and spread with the gloop, repeat this till you finish your stack about 6 inches high, the last crepe should be naked. Mix a bit more yogurt with the gloop you have left till it like single cream and pour over your stack, bake in a medium oven till heated through, cool and cut like a cake.:)

oh, YUM!

I love crepes but don't make them very often. My favorite pancakes are very light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Unfortunately I can't have syrup any more unless it is the sugar free kind (can you even call that syrup?) but I love the pancakes slathered with butter and dolloped with strawberries. Oh, I could eat a bunch now.

Back
Top Bottom