What is your favorite cooking music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Here are a few internet radio stations I like to crank up when I get busy in the kitchen.
Here is a good station for just about any kind of jazz you can imagine. Just pick one and groove away. www.accujazz.com

This one is cool and gets your booty shaking. It is music from New Orleans through the years. Home of the Groove Live Stream Playlist

That should keep you busy for now. I can add more later. enjoy!

Depends on what is being cooked! Crawfish boil is gonna have some Acadian music for sure!

Craig

i love dancing in my kitchen, but i guess it would also depend on what i'm making. Rock music while i'm making dinner helps me be more creative with a dish...Give me some Rise Against or some No doubt and i'll be good to go.

Depends on what is being cooked! Crawfish boil is gonna have some Acadian music for sure!
Craig

That's me, different music for each meal depending on what it is - French, Italian, Japanese, etc.

I'm still working on building my collection as a secondary hobby.

I am an annoying karaoke machine in the kitchen, also while doing dishes.

Post a specific dish with a song title...

risotto = "row, row, row your boat"

Now you're talking, Spork! I like that thought.

My kids make me CDs especially for the kitchen. Mostly rock stuff with a bit of indie thrown in there just to "expand my musical horizons". LOL. I'm starting to like some of their stuff now too although Bryan Adams has the right beat for most of my kitchen work.

I listen to a bunch of different types of music when cooking.

Metal,rock,classical,dubstep,jazz,blues. I don't really pick the music based on what I am cooking like I do when I am in the gym (metal) or fixing stuff around the house (rock).

I wonder what the different outcome of my cooking would be with different music? Metal=spicier or classical=better presentation.

BTW....Dubstep is my new music while on the computer. It is a new genre that all the young chillins are listening too.Lots of bass drops and wobble bass.Heavy on the techno stuff.
Here is a taste. (a mild one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gb3faOzvBk&feature=related

Hmmm, usually Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bone Thugs, or Lupe Fiasco. Though, really anything with a beat or groove is fun to listen to while cooking!

Definitely depends on what I'm cooking and my mood. Often, if I'm cooking an all day meal and doing a lot of other chores, I like my 60s bubble-gum, to cheer me up. Other times it might be classical. One never knows.

I like classical. It's relaxing but has a nice lilt as I'm doing something familar or trying new concoctions...

For serious intense cooking, Wagner. Ride of the Valkyries is about right. Used to play it during drug raids, too. It's motivational either way. But I have to admit, it tends to make clean up a bit more tedious.

GLC said:
For serious intense cooking, Wagner. Ride of the Valkyries is about right. Used to play it during drug raids, too. It's motivational either way. But I have to admit, it tends to make clean up a bit more tedious.

Funny. Hope you weren't the one getting raided! :)

i love wagner. "entrance of the gods into valhalla" is good, too.

but then there's orff's "carmina burana".

or holst's "planets", especially "mars, the bringer or war".

To go a bit of topic, I got to pick the music for our civil wedding ceremony.
We entered to khachaturians Sabre Dance, signed the register to the Sorcerers Apprentice and left to the Can Can doing the Can Can.:)

I like cooking to Steely Dan, mostly. Huge fan of the Dan. It's rare that I can listen while I cook, though; we have a small place and I usually find myself ignoring the TV in the next room while I work.

Maybe when I was younger, trying to drown out the noise of kids, LOL. Certainly not now. I don't even have a radio. Kids on the other hand always have music going somewhere.

dr morbius, thanks for reviving this thread!

Back
Top Bottom