Hold in our hearts: Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Victims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Please Pray for Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Victims. A massive 8.9 earthquake hit Japan a few hours ago, followed by huge aftershocks and a couple tsunamis. There are tsunami warnings all around the Pacific Rim, Hawaii, the Philippines, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links, B & Z.

My pleasure, Lizzie. I found that link when a friend asked me if I'd heard about a bad quake, and I added it to my favorites just to be able to check in on Mother Earth and what she's up to. Fascinating.

I just noticed how early in the morning those times are. A lot of people will still be in bed and others won't have heard the news yet. Scary.

Have been following this for a few hours. It's terrible. It's complete devastation in some areas.

We'll be praying. I hope they don't take this thread down. I'll pray about that too.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. That is one scary tsunami! I have friends in Hawaii right now, hope they aren't on the beach.

Prayers going up that the loss of life is minimal and that clean up efforts are not hampered by aftershocks etc.

For some reason one of the LA tv stations had a helicopter over our Ventura harbor watching what was happening this morning. They generally don't pay much attention to us up here, since we're about 60 miles north of LA, and we often feel left out and unimportant.:rolleyes: Anyway, it was amazing watching that coverage. You could actually see the exchange of water being sucked out of the harbor, and back in again by the difference in the color of the water. It looked like rivers in the water of blue and brown. Thankfully we had no damage I know about.

makes me think how very lucky we are. Pass that luck and good thoughts to our brothers and sisters in Japan
kadesma

Boy, those pictures of the quake & tsunami are just mind-boggling! Goodweed, you seem to have your problem well in hand, so you won't mind if I take back the sympathy I extended to you and add it to Kadesma's good wishes for the victims.

I don't have a full handle on the religious "protocol" around here, but don't want to fail to add my support - and my request on behalf of my dear ones in Japan, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii, and Micronesia - but feel safe in saying I will apply the full force of my faith convictions on behalf of those who have made requests and ask the same of others for my request.

I watched in bewilderment this morning and have been watching off and on all day, the devastation in Japan. I hope that rescue operations are able to help as many people as possible and get to those who are stranded in the elements as quickly as possible. I will be doing what I can to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom