Main Meal for Sunday, March 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'll be grilling some marinated chicken thighs (white wine and herb marinade), pilaf and steamed broccoli.

I've only decided on the entree, which will be crepes filled with a chicken mixture of sauteed mushrooms, shallots, white wine, tarragon, cream, then topped with shredded Parmesan cheese and baked. I'm thinking some steamed green beans or Brussels sprouts and baked potatoes on the side. Not sold on the potato idea yet, though. Last of the King Cake for dessert.

My main meal may have just been eaten. I made an open faced sandwich with some slices of smoked cajun pork roast and leftover giblet gravy. With sugar snap peas on the side. Tonight I think I'll grill another burger.

I made cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon for midday meal. The kid is heading back to college this afternoon and it will be just DH and I for the evening meal which will be repeat of pork loin, macaroni and cheese and green beans.

Have a piece of salmon thawing, got some fresh dill at the farmer's stand yesterday for sauce. Maybe will bake some thin sweet potato chips, add a small salad and finish up with an Alix's Cranberry Oat Square made with its grape jelly alternative. Strictly speaking, they may be day-old baked goods (I made them yesterday), but still the perfect ending. Mmmm.

I'm miserable...started with a sore throat Friday night, and now I have a full- blown "nose" cold. I pulled chicken stock and some chicken out of the freezer, added carrots, rice, and celery...waiting for the veggies to be done, then I'm making it into Greek Lemon Soup. Love Greek Lemon Soup. My friend in grad school from Greece "SWORE" that this is the chicken soup all Greek mommas served to kill a cold. I've also been taking TABLESPOONS of horseradish (3X a day--Dr. Oz claims it boosts the autoimmune system) and my DH's potent--home-canned tomato juice, garlic, and hot peppers (served hot) as a beverage. Not to mention Cold-FX and lots of sleep. Good thing I don't have to work today!

I grilled some marinaded chicken and made a Mexican salad with chopped red onion, green bell peppers, cheddar, and home made dressing. For the dressing I mixed oil, mayo, chipotle chilis in adobo, and lime juice and cilantro.

I will be thin-slicing the last of the pork roast and we will have that, sauerkraut, and maybe potato pancakes.

Took out a bag of my spaghetti sauce from the freezer, along with a bag of fresh pasta from the dollar store.
Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast and salad tonight.
One of our favorite meals. Think I'll put on one of Andrea Bocelli's cd's and be transported back to Sorento. sigh.

We had planned on breakfast for dinner, but now neither of us really wants pancakes, so I am revising to biscuits with fried ham, sausage patties, sausage gravy, bacon, egg sheets, and molasses. Still kinda breakfast for dinner, but different.

Aren't tacos the best food? :)

Love the taco plates. I've never seen those before.

The green plates in this picture I got at Amazon.com. I have more that are white, oval and hold 3 tacos I got on ebay.

I love the tacos and the plates!

I had some colorful, mini-sweet peppers that are too good to waste, so I made mini-stuffed peppers out of them. On the side are some teeny-tiny potatoes in garlic butter with parsley.

Just put stuffed shells in the oven. I guess we will likely have steamed cauli or broccoli and a salad with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

We had a HUGE ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes and a green salad with dinner buns. No dessert. We'll have ice cream or something later when we have room.

Back
Top Bottom