Baked Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Graham Cracker Crust

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

Cheesecake Filling

2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Set out cream cheese and eggs to warm to room temperature.

Butter an 8 inch springform pan thickly, sides and bottom. Pour cracker crumbs into pan and shake until it is well coated with the crumbs. Chill pan.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

With mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Whisk eggs, flour, vanilla, and salt together and then mix into cream cheese mixture. Beat thoroughly and then turn mixer to slowest speed and slowly pour in the cream.

Pour batter into the crumb-lined pan.

Set pan into shallow baking dish containing 1 inch hot water and bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.

Can also put into cupcake papers.

Serves 12

Graham Cracker Crust

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

Cheesecake Filling

2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Set out cream cheese and eggs to warm to room temperature.

Butter an 8 inch springform pan thickly, sides and bottom. Pour cracker crumbs into pan and shake until it is well coated with the crumbs. Chill pan.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

With mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Whisk eggs, flour, vanilla, and salt together and then mix into cream cheese mixture. Beat thoroughly and then turn mixer to slowest speed and slowly pour in the cream.

Pour batter into the crumb-lined pan.

Set pan into shallow baking dish containing 1 inch hot water and bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.

Can also put into cupcake papers.

Serves 12
I usually make a cheesecake with the same ingredients but I also add 1 cup of plain milk to the mix.:)

I'd like to submit an old favorite that's similar to PF's. It's just irresistible and tough for a single cook to have around without pigging out.

Mary Zinkovich's Cheesecake

Crust: 3 Tbsp. softened butter to one pack of graham crackers, crushed.

Cream: 3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese (room temp.)
5 eggs - one at a time
1-1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 Tsp. vanilla

Mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan, on top of cracker crumb mixture.

Bake 40 min. at 325 degrees.

Whisk 1 pint sour cream with 4 Tbsp. sugar and 1-1/2 Tbsp. vanilla.

Pour on top and bake at 475 deg. for just a minute.

Chill.

I've never used a mixer to make this recipe, but I'm sure it would be fine. I've had the recipe for 40 years or so. :ermm: I only make it occasionally, for a Christmas treat. I hope the Honey Grahams still come in those separate packs.

tinlizzie said:
I'd like to submit an old favorite that's similar to PF's. It's just irresistible and tough for a single cook to have around without pigging out.

Mary Zinkovich's Cheesecake

Crust: 3 Tbsp. softened butter to one pack of graham crackers, crushed.

Cream: 3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese (room temp.)
5 eggs - one at a time
1-1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 Tsp. vanilla

Mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan, on top of cracker crumb mixture.

Bake 40 min. at 325 degrees.

Whisk 1 pint sour cream with 4 Tbsp. sugar and 1-1/2 Tbsp. vanilla.

Pour on top and bake at 475 deg. for just a minute.

Chill.

I've never used a mixer to make this recipe, but I'm sure it would be fine. I've had the recipe for 40 years or so. :ermm: I only make it occasionally, for a Christmas treat. I hope the Honey Grahams still come in those separate packs.

Wow, this is a very different recipe! I'm very interested in the different layers. Is this a firmer or creamier cheesecake?

Wow, this is a very different recipe! I'm very interested in the different layers. Is this a firmer or creamier cheesecake?

Hmmm. Texture is pretty subjective -- I'd call it creamy, but it is still firm enough to cut into squares for serving. It all depends on your idea of creamy. It's not like what I think of as New York style, which IMO is of a drier consistency.

My, what a helpful answer that is. :huh:

tinlizzie said:
Hmmm. Texture is pretty subjective -- I'd call it creamy, but it is still firm enough to cut into squares for serving. It all depends on your idea of creamy. It's not like what I think of as New York style, which IMO is of a drier consistency.

My, what a helpful answer that is. :huh:

That's pretty much what I wanted to know :) not like new york style. Got it!

i have to write down my recipe to share. I can't for the life of me make a gingerbread crust...it just never works, so *gulp*i buy the store bought kind...sorry...but my recipe doesn't include flour or sugar, i do use condensed milk. Makes the cheesecake sooooo creamy...I'll put up my recipe this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom