My new espresso machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
As many of you know, I work for an Israeli company. We brought an employee over from Israel for a few years to help us out with some stuff. In Israel when the locals ask for coffee they are often talking about espresso. So when this employee moved to the states he was a bit shocked at what we call coffee. He convinced the office to invest in an espresso machine. He researched the different options for about 6 months and ended up deciding on the Nespresso brand. We got the CitiZ with milk that you can see if you go to Nespresso.com.

The machine is similar to the Kurig coffee machine in that there are coffe capsules (Kurig calls them pods I think) that are premeasured and self contained. You just pop one in the machine and hit go (there is a water reservoir on the back) and seconds later you have a perfect espresso. The milk attachment let's you make steamed and foamed milk in a matter of seconds too so you can have capuchino, latte, or any other type of drink you can think of. It is so simple to use and it makes a surprisingly great cup.

Everyone in the office has fallen in love with this machine including myself. I had some credit card points to use and they covered the cost of the one I wanted so the other day I brought one home. This had opened up a whole new world of coffee for me.

I got the CitiZ with milk. It does nott take up a lot of space at all. If you get it without the milk addon then it is super small andnyou can get the milk steamer/frother as a stand alone piece, but it is more expensive that way. The milk part is amazing. It is nearly silent. You have to struggle to hear it. The espresso machine makes some noise, but it only lasts for a few seconds at most. The quality of the coffee that comes out has really impressed me. The creama on the top of the cup alone is worth it.

Ok.. I wasn't sure if you got that one as well.

Several years ago I had a krups that died on me (on a holiday no less). I spent about a week looking at machine I could find online and settled on the Capresso Ultima.

I looked at the Nespresso ones and decided I didn't want pods but they look good and I read good things about them.

Don't drink too many in one evening. :)

Cool I always love those machines, especially those that comes with steamers. If I have one I'd practice making those lattes with those fancy patterns on top :D

Yeah I was very skeptical about the pods. I figured the quality would suffer. For what I can tell though (I am certainly no expert) the quality is superb. All the reviews I have read have been top notch and my personal enjoyment is way up there. There are some drawbacks to the pods though. They are expensive (about $.50 - $.60 per pod) and they are not the greenest option out there even though the pods are recyclable. I have seen hacks on how to reuse the pods and fill with your own coffee though just using a small piece of aluminum foil. There are also 3rd party reusable pods on the market that I will probably check out at some point.

When I was looking I never saw reusable ones. Of course that was just as the whole pod thing was starting to gain momentum.

Glad you are happy with the maker. Coffee's on you this go around. :)

If you are inerested in seeing them, I found the refillable pods when I searched eBay for Nespresso. The refillables (band name coffee duck) are all over the place there.

Anytime you and/or your wonderful wife are in my area Frank coffee is on me!

I like the look of that espresso machine. I love the idea of refillable pods.

The pods always annoyed me. Not only would I have to buy expensive pods, I would be stuck with a limited choice of coffee types.

Awesome GB! I bought myself an espresso machine as well recently, no pods though, just espresso grind. I prefer to choose my type - columbian, bolivia, etc.

I have owned a nestle's machine that had the capsules.. it was just soo expensive and I am really into latte's.. they were so full of stuff I couldn't even say.

I love my Keurig...it works great for us and at work! But, I would dearly love a good quality espresso machine.

Have fun, GB!

I don't think I would have bought it if I was stuck with the pods only. Although I have to say the variety they have is pretty good. There are 16 different coffees and then they offer special blends occasionally.

I don't think I would have bought it if I was stuck with the pods only. Although I have to say the variety they have is pretty good. There are 16 different coffees and then they offer special blends occasionally.

I am also able to use my own coffee with the Keurig with a My-Cup. Good thing, I had just asked Shrek for a nice burr grinder for my Whole bean Darkside Roast. ThinkGeek :: Star Wars Vader's Dark Side Roast Coffee

I almost don't want to break into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom