Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner....Fri. Mar 18th (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-fri-mar-18th-70927.html)

Kayelle 03-18-2011 11:14 AM

Dinner....Fri. Mar 18th

What's planned for your dinner tonight?
I'm thinking about a casserole, or maybe some kind of a roast chicken. I have an abundance of asparagus I'd like to roast in wrapped bacon like Pac did recently. That's it......beer butt chicken and bacon roasted asparagus.

Whatcha thinkin for dinner?

FrankZ 03-18-2011 11:19 AM

Leftovers from last night.. corned beef and cabbage et al.

pacanis 03-18-2011 11:21 AM

Kayelle, I season the inside of the bacon with lemon pepper before I wrap the spears. mmmm... I bought some asparagus the other day, too. Maybe I'll join you in sides tonight.

I am thinking a large amount of Lake Erie perch for dinner tonight. Which means I better start thawing the block of ice they are frozen in.

Kayelle 03-18-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Kayelle, I season the inside of the bacon with lemon pepper before I wrap the spears. mmmm... I bought some asparagus the other day, too. Maybe I'll join you in sides tonight.
Check....lemon pepper. Speaking of bacon, I sent away for something called "Bacon Salt", and sprinkled it on my scrambled eggs this morning. I'm such a sucker for anything bacon. :wacko:

Another side tonight will be leftover Colcannan...I forget from one year to the next how much I love that.

Zhizara 03-18-2011 11:32 AM

Today I'm making Tomorrow Stew, using freezer leftovers.

This one is made with a package of sherry braised pork, cut into bite size pieces.

3 cups ham stock made with the skin of a ham, cooked all day.

Mushroom stems
Green beans
Mixed Vegs.
Small red potatoes
Small chopped onion
1 can stewed tomatoes with juice
2 cups baby lima soup
Bay leaf
Mrs. Dash

The reason I call it Tomorrow Stew is that I'll cook this today, but save it in the fridge for tomorrow. Of course, I'll have a small taster cup before cooling and refrigerating, but the real meal will be better tomorrow, probably served with cornbread.

Tonight will be fried Pollack, french style green beans, and probably a couple of smashed red potatoes with butter stolen from the Tomorrow Stew.

Andy M. 03-18-2011 11:40 AM

BLTs tonight.

LPBeier 03-18-2011 11:49 AM

Dad and I have our "workouts" at the Y today and usually after we aren't hugely hungry. I will probably have spinach salad and give him a meat pie with cucumber and tomato.

jabbur 03-18-2011 12:13 PM

I'm thinking hamburgers. Not sure of the sides. Have some mushroom sauce leftover from the chicken last night. I'm thinking of adding some green beans to it for a variation on the traditional green bean casserole. Salads too.

pacanis 03-18-2011 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayelle (Post 980486)
Check....lemon pepper. Speaking of bacon, I sent away for something called "Bacon Salt", and sprinkled it on my scrambled eggs this morning. I'm such a sucker for anything bacon. :wacko:

Another side tonight will be leftover Colcannan...I forget from one year to the next how much I love that.

Oh yeah? How much of a sucker? :lol:
Attachment 10263

On the downside, it costs 16 bucks a can.
On the plus side, it has a shelf life of ten years :ermm:

I've heard that bacon salt is good stuff.

Andy M. 03-18-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 980529)
Oh yeah? How much of a sucker? :lol:
Attachment 10263

On the downside, it costs 16 bucks a can.
On the plus side, it has a shelf life of ten years :ermm:

I've heard that bacon salt is good stuff.

Have you tried baconnaise yet?