Dinner....Fri. Mar 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's planned for your dinner tonight?
I'm thinking about a casserole, or maybe some kind of a roast chicken. I have an abundance of asparagus I'd like to roast in wrapped bacon like Pac did recently. That's it......beer butt chicken and bacon roasted asparagus.

Whatcha thinkin for dinner?

Kayelle, I season the inside of the bacon with lemon pepper before I wrap the spears. mmmm... I bought some asparagus the other day, too. Maybe I'll join you in sides tonight.

I am thinking a large amount of Lake Erie perch for dinner tonight. Which means I better start thawing the block of ice they are frozen in.

Kayelle, I season the inside of the bacon with lemon pepper before I wrap the spears. mmmm... I bought some asparagus the other day, too. Maybe I'll join you in sides tonight.

Check....lemon pepper. Speaking of bacon, I sent away for something called "Bacon Salt", and sprinkled it on my scrambled eggs this morning. I'm such a sucker for anything bacon. :wacko:

Another side tonight will be leftover Colcannan...I forget from one year to the next how much I love that.

Today I'm making Tomorrow Stew, using freezer leftovers.

This one is made with a package of sherry braised pork, cut into bite size pieces.

3 cups ham stock made with the skin of a ham, cooked all day.

Mushroom stems
Green beans
Mixed Vegs.
Small red potatoes
Small chopped onion
1 can stewed tomatoes with juice
2 cups baby lima soup
Bay leaf
Mrs. Dash

The reason I call it Tomorrow Stew is that I'll cook this today, but save it in the fridge for tomorrow. Of course, I'll have a small taster cup before cooling and refrigerating, but the real meal will be better tomorrow, probably served with cornbread.

Tonight will be fried Pollack, french style green beans, and probably a couple of smashed red potatoes with butter stolen from the Tomorrow Stew.

Dad and I have our "workouts" at the Y today and usually after we aren't hugely hungry. I will probably have spinach salad and give him a meat pie with cucumber and tomato.

I'm thinking hamburgers. Not sure of the sides. Have some mushroom sauce leftover from the chicken last night. I'm thinking of adding some green beans to it for a variation on the traditional green bean casserole. Salads too.

Check....lemon pepper. Speaking of bacon, I sent away for something called "Bacon Salt", and sprinkled it on my scrambled eggs this morning. I'm such a sucker for anything bacon. :wacko:

Another side tonight will be leftover Colcannan...I forget from one year to the next how much I love that.

Oh yeah? How much of a sucker? :LOL:
tactical bacon.jpg

On the downside, it costs 16 bucks a can.
On the plus side, it has a shelf life of ten years :ermm:

I've heard that bacon salt is good stuff.

Not yet, Andy.
Have you tried the Hidden Valley Farmhouse Hickory Bacon salad dressing?

It is good. I like it on fish wraps (tacos).

Last edited:
It is Friday so we will be having fish, probably fried haddock , and I'll be getting some crab soup.

Breaded cod, baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter, tomatoes stuffed with swiss cheese, onions, garlic and buttered bread crumbs and fruit salad.
kades:)

Kathleen won't be home for a while.. so she will have the leftover corned beef. Me? grilled cheese on the fresh baked bread.

Yum.

i'm thinking of making arroz con pollo or something like that. a stewedish chicken in tomato and onions of some sort...i dunno. so tired. neeed the weeeeekend.

Cheese ravioli (Star brand frozen) with burgundy tomato sauce, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheese and salad (butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, cucumber and sliced almonds) dressed with blue ranch dressing (a combo of homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and Marie’s blue cheese dressing).

img_980620_0_d7edb41ef52a7ef678d0543102997153.jpg

img_980620_1_0ebba92874ae06fb81b2969bd2d95d75.jpg

The Tomorrow Stew is made and refrigerated. The taster cup was delicious.

I still have to make the taco meat mixture. I really liked the way it tasted when mixed with the Wild & Brown Rice Mixture. One of those surprise recipes that didn't need any tweaking at all.

I haven't decided on dinner yet. That fish is calling me, but I have to use or lose the last Roma tomato and dwindling head of lettuce, so I'll probably have a couple of tacos tonight.

Here's some fish for you, Z :chef:
Frying
Is it safe to use three burners on the stove for frying? :LOL: (the fries were on the third)
perch frying.jpg

All of them
perch.jpg

All I could eat :pig:
perch & fries.jpg

I am accruing way to many leftovers to be making pastrami tomorrow, but oh well :rolleyes: Perch sammies for me tomorrow, pastrami Sunday, or probably tomorrow, too :)

Great looking dinner, Msm. I love cheese raviolis. And I love raw white mushrooms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom