What's for Dinner Saturday March 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am asking myself that as much as for the rest of you.

DH was supposed to be off all day today and I was going to do a pot roast; however, he got called in to both jobs (5 am - 1 pm and 3 pm - 11 pm ugh!), so I will leave it until tomorrow and hope he is awake by supper time :LOL:!

So, tonight is up in the air. I have a striploin and might do that for Dad and I with some baked potatoes, onions and mushrooms and veg to be named later!

What are you planning today?

I was debating between two "leftover" meals and left to hubby to decide. Reuben sandwiches it is. I also have a huge carry-out box of liver and it will be my take on dirty rice for tomorrow.

Gloriously beautiful day here. Sun's shinin', birds are chirping, flowers and trees are blooming. Doesn't get much better than this.

Glenn's wanted BLTs for a while, so I thought today would be a good day for them. We'll have them on bacon-and-egg bread, with a slice of avocado to gussy them up. Iced tea and a selection of homemade pickles and almost the last of the chocolate-zucchini cake for dessert.

If it weren't so breezy, we'd eat outside, but it's still a bit chilly (with the wind) for that. But......soon.:D

Leftover chicken that was braised in homemade tomato sauce and coconut milk, and fire-roasted Spanish rice. My mom is getting her kitchen reno'd (new granite counter, mosaic tile backsplash, tile flooring), and I'm helping her clean up. Not too much cooking going on, yet she still had unexpected company. >sigh<

love from Texas

stuffed shells: ricotta, spinach, artichoke hearts, nutmeg, lemon zest, egg, parmesan.
beschamel and tomato sauces (with lamb).

We're having burgers on the grill, potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Upper 80's with an oh so slight breeze!

Leftovers here too. I'll make myself a sort of Reuben sandwich (whole wheat and Gruyere in place of Emmental and pumpernickel).

SO likes to chop up all the dinner components and fry them up in a skillet.

Leftovers here too. I'll make myself a sort of Reuben sandwich (whole wheat and Gruyere in place of Emmental and pumpernickel).

SO likes to chop up all the dinner components and fry them up in a skillet.

I'll be building my "Reuben" like this with the exception of using swiss cheese.

I'm making pizza tonight. I have leftover spaghetti sauce and some sauteed veggies left from sandwiches. Also some leftover ham that I'll chop up to put on it. Out of mozzarella so will use Swiss and cheddar.

We ate lunch really late, so I haven't made supper yet. Since I haven't taken anything out yet, I think we will go with hot dogs--quick and easy. :cool:

If I had leftover corned beef like that, I'd make a Cuban Reuben with corned beef, honey ham, swiss, pickle slices, etc., but put it on some French bread and toast it low and slow in a frying pan, with a heavy weight like my 8" cast iron skillet on top.

If I had leftover corned beef like that, I'd make a Cuban Reuben with corned beef, honey ham, swiss, pickle slices, etc., but put it on some French bread and toast it low and slow in a frying pan, with a heavy weight like my 8" cast iron skillet on top.
YUM!!!!

Our company wanted to have take out Chinese for dinner and offered to buy. After working in the yard all day I wasn't going to argue if someone wants to buy dinner for me. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom